• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fallout Discussion

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Calling all Fallout players! I decided to make a thread about one of my most favorite game series of all time.

Here we can talk about:

Your favorite quest
Your favorite side quest
Your favorite mod
Your favorite console command

Heck, just talk about anything Fallout related.

I'm currently playing through the PC version of Fallout 3. And let me tell you.... It's better than the console version. Better graphics, smoother gameplay, console commands and very fun mods!

Funny you post this because I just recently got Fallout 3 for my Xbox360. I wanted to try the series out really only because I love the games Bethesda makes.

I'm enjoying it a lot, reminds me a lot of the Elder Scrolls series which is my favorite game series. However, just like some problems I experienced with Skyrim, the game crashes on you a tad-bit. Doesn't really bother me too much because I realize it's a huge game and glitches/crashes should be expected when buying the game of this size.

I'll try to remember posting back here when I get farther in the game!

I have Fallout 3 for PS3, and Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics for PC. I loved Fallout 3, but it hard to get into Fallout 1 and 2. I'm starting to really like it though, I'm playing through the first one.

Austin

Austin
Funny you should make this thread right now, I've been ranting about this series for no particular reason to all my friends lately. I have Fallout 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas, although I've only played 3 and New Vegas extensively. I think there was actually a four-month period of my life where I played nothing but New Vegas, logging several hundred hours into that game. I've played about halfway through 1 and I've barely touched 2, unfortunately. If what I've already said hasn't made it apparent I'm a huge fan of the series, and New Vegas ranks high among my favorite games. I've only played them on the 360 (barring 1 and 2 obviously), so I don't know too much about mods. One of these days I'll buy a better graphics card and get around to buying the PC versions, as it sounds like it would be worth it.

Xinn here, hijacking Austin's post space again to affirm that when Austin says he was ranting, he's not kidding lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Funny you should make this thread right now, I've been ranting about this series for no particular reason to all my friends lately. I have Fallout 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas, although I've only played 3 and New Vegas extensively. I think there was actually a four-month period of my life where I played nothing but New Vegas, logging several hundred hours into that game. I've played about halfway through 1 and I've barely touched 2, unfortunately. If what I've already said hasn't made it apparent I'm a huge fan of the series, and New Vegas ranks high among my favorite games. I've only played them on the 360 (barring 1 and 2 obviously), so I don't know too much about mods. One of these days I'll buy a better graphics card and get around to buying the PC versions, as it sounds like it would be worth it.

Xinn here, hijacking Austin's post space again to affirm that when Austin says he was ranting, he's not kidding lol.

If you get a gaming PC, be sure to check out these modding sites:

newvegasnexus.com
fallout3nexus.com

These Nexus sites are trusted by the Fallout community.

And Bethesda's official modding kit site: geck.bethsoft.com

I, myself haven't tried any of the mods yet. But from what I've seen on youtube, they can be amazing!

I have Fallout 3 for PS3, and Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics for PC. I loved Fallout 3, but it hard to get into Fallout 1 and 2. I'm starting to really like it though, I'm playing through the first one.

I recommend you get Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360 or PC. The PS3 version starts to lag as your file save gets bigger. Unless you like to start new games all the time, I suggest you switch systems.

Funny you post this because I just recently got Fallout 3 for my Xbox360. I wanted to try the series out really only because I love the games Bethesda makes.

I'm enjoying it a lot, reminds me a lot of the Elder Scrolls series which is my favorite game series. However, just like some problems I experienced with Skyrim, the game crashes on you a tad-bit. Doesn't really bother me too much because I realize it's a huge game and glitches/crashes should be expected when buying the game of this size.

I'll try to remember posting back here when I get farther in the game!

You should try installing the game to your hard drive if you haven't already. It should get rid of most of the problems.

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
So what's your guys' favorite music from the games? You know... From the radio stations! Mine's Heartaches by the Number by Guy Mitchell. It's in New Vegas.

I loooooove me some Fallout.
I'm pretty sure I've got every game, except that weird PS2 game. :P

So what's your guys' favorite music from the games? You know... From the radio stations! Mine's Heartaches by the Number by Guy Mitchell. It's in New Vegas.

Easy Living, by Billie Holiday, in Fallout 3. :D
Fallout 3 has got some of the best musical choices, of any game, IMO.
I love pretty much every track from that OST.
And of course, New Vegas is pretty freaking swell, as well. ^^

I bought Fallout 3 on Steam the other day. I found out the hard way that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Good thing it was on sale!

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I bought Fallout 3 on Steam the other day. I found out the hard way that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Good thing it was on sale!

I have the retail version. It's Fallout 3 GOTY edition with all of the patches and DLC. It works fine on Windows 7 for me.

I've never played any of the Fallout games before. Are they any fun?

Extremely fun. If you can handle a lot of blood, gore and swearing, then you're good to go!

octorok74

TETTAC
I only have Fallout 3 and I have to say that I love it. I don't play it much anymore, but there is just this warm feeling I get walking around the D.C. area after they were nuked. I don't mean to say I hate the government intirely, but it's pretty cool looking. Although, the Washington Monument is completely wrong. It's a freestanding structure, yet in the game there is clearly a steel frame . There should ony be a very thin frame for the elevator and that's it.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I only have Fallout 3 and I have to say that I love it. I don't play it much anymore, but there is just this warm feeling I get walking around the D.C. area after they were nuked. I don't mean to say I hate the government intirely, but it's pretty cool looking. Although, the Washington Monument is completely wrong. It's a freestanding structure, yet in the game there is clearly a steel frame . There should ony be a very thin frame for the elevator and that's it.

Not everything is 100% accurate. But, Bethesda did an amazing job.

Austin

Austin
So I recently started playing New Vegas again, putting around eighty hours into it this week. I had originally planned only to play through some of the DLC but I got wayyyyy too wrapped up in it. I've been attempting to get all the achievements and I think by now I have something like 65/75 or something similar. I've gotten most of the difficult ones out of the way, the only one left that looks remotely difficult is the Desert Survivalist one, where you have to heal 10,000 points of damage using food items. If anyone has tips on how to do that efficiently I'd be extremely grateful.

Has anyone tried some of the DLC for New Vegas? I got the four major expansions not too long ago and went through them all this week. Personally, I felt like Honest Hearts was a bit underwhelming, and that Lonesome Road and Dead Money were extremely difficult regardless of the level you were at when starting, but Old World Blues seem to get it just right. It also had some of the funniest segments of any Fallout game I've ever played. Besides New Vegas stuff, I also went ahead and bought the Fallout Trilogy pack and plan to go through those soon as well. I've already played a bit of both Fallout 1 & 2 but I've never touched Tactics before. Anyone have experience with that game?

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
So I recently started playing New Vegas again, putting around eighty hours into it this week. I had originally planned only to play through some of the DLC but I got wayyyyy too wrapped up in it. I've been attempting to get all the achievements and I think by now I have something like 65/75 or something similar. I've gotten most of the difficult ones out of the way, the only one left that looks remotely difficult is the Desert Survivalist one, where you have to heal 10,000 points of damage using food items. If anyone has tips on how to do that efficiently I'd be extremely grateful.

Has anyone tried some of the DLC for New Vegas? I got the four major expansions not too long ago and went through them all this week. Personally, I felt like Honest Hearts was a bit underwhelming, and that Lonesome Road and Dead Money were extremely difficult regardless of the level you were at when starting, but Old World Blues seem to get it just right. It also had some of the funniest segments of any Fallout game I've ever played. Besides New Vegas stuff, I also went ahead and bought the Fallout Trilogy pack and plan to go through those soon as well. I've already played a bit of both Fallout 1 & 2 but I've never touched Tactics before. Anyone have experience with that game?

HOLY SH*T! 80 HOURS?!?!? IN ONE WEEK?!?! I haven't even got to 60 hours yet through the months I've played New Vegas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom