• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fallout 76-esque Zelda?

So I was thinking of getting fallout 76, and then I suddenly thought of it being on the switch, and then it got me. What if Zelda switch had the same multiplayer stlle as fallout? Tried force heroes wasn't the greatest, but 4 swords adventures was fun, but not that amazing, so multiplayer will be hard to pull off. How about that number style in Hyrule? Not an mmo, but not single player eitger. Each player basically being and expended npc. It would be really fun! That wouldn't really need to put much work into a new engine or anything major like BotW did with the open world, as multiplayer works completely change the gameplay. But I don't think there should be ZERO nps, just a few tutorial guides. I think players should build this in towns like in ARK Survival evolved. They could have clans and such as well. The only problem with be how EACH person was link. But I seriously think the Zelda team could learn from Bethesda (not like that didn't with Skyrim) in the multiplayer aspect. Leave advise for Nintendo!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yeeeaaah... how bout a Fallout 76-esque nothing.

How bout "Fallout" 76 just waste away in the bargain bins on release day where it belongs. Or better yet in the garbage heap.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
But I seriously think the Zelda team could learn from Bethesda
Dear Christ in Heaven I hope not.

Fallout 76 sounds like a guaranteed mess of a game. I don't have the slightest faith that Bethesda can pull off an enjoyable multiplayer experience. Making a game that does almost nothing except provide a physical space for players to move in and then expects them to fill in all the blanks in terms of gameplay, structure, and design honestly sounds like the single worst idea for a video game I've ever heard in my life. Would such a design work for Zelda? Hell, I doubt such a design would work, period.

Building towns and settlements is incredibly dull to me, nothing but busywork to pad out a game's length with meaningless time wasting. BotW already lacks direction, and that was a major point against it for me. Doing that again, with more pointless filler content and other people running about causing mischief, sounds like a brain aneurysm waiting to happen. I can't think of a worse thing they could do with a new Zelda game.

Dear Christ in Heaven I hope not.

Fallout 76 sounds like a guaranteed mess of a game. I don't have the slightest faith that Bethesda can pull off an enjoyable multiplayer experience. Making a game that does almost nothing except provide a physical space for players to move in and then expects them to fill in all the blanks in terms of gameplay, structure, and design honestly sounds like the single worst idea for a video game I've ever heard in my life. Would such a design work for Zelda? Hell, I doubt such a design would work, period.

Building towns and settlements is incredibly dull to me, nothing but busywork to pad out a game's length with meaningless time wasting. BotW already lacks direction, and that was a major point against it for me. Doing that again, with more pointless filler content and other people running about causing mischief, sounds like a brain aneurysm waiting to happen. I can't think of a worse thing they could do with a new Zelda game.

To be fair, BoTW being directionless was kinda the point. You actually had freedom of what you wanted to do instead of being paddled and handheld through the game. I really don't understand games that don't give agency to the player. Why not just make a movie at that point?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Making a game that does almost nothing except provide a physical space for players to move in and then expects them to fill in all the blanks in terms of gameplay, structure, and design honestly sounds like the single worst idea for a video game I've ever heard in my life.
Yeah! Sure would suck it if ninty ever made a game like that, amirite? :right:
/me tosses his thumb over at Breath of the Wild standing awkwardly in the corner... :whistle:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
@Castle Well, Breath of the Wild had... It, er, there was the... Oh dear.

I suppose BotW technically has a main quest and all that, but the issue is that the game never seems to actually be about that. It's just another thing you can choose to do in order to fill in those blanks. You never need to go to any of the memories, or Divine Beasts, so doing so is the player giving the game structure instead of the game being structured. I suppose what a Fallout 76 style Zelda would be would be BotW but with no final boss and a bunch of random people running about. Which sounds awful to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom