• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fallout 3 and Its DLC's

I have taken up Fallout. I tried it once before, but I had never played a FPS in my life (Apart from Golden Eye on the N64 lolololol). I found it really hard to control which got me fustrated, that coupled with Giant Molerats, Radroaches and Fire Ants killing me and not knowing what gun to use and constantly running out of ammo. I didn't stick with it. Then Skyrim came along and I got on really well with that game. Everyone understands magic, dragons and swords. I played that for nearly a whole year constantly. Then my brother from another mother told me I should try Fallout again seeing as I've exhausted Skyrim and I'll tell you one thing. It has worked out so much better this time. I'm really getting into it. I mean, I know it's not exactly new but if it game out yesterday, you wouldn't dispute the graphics or game play. It's stunning and super exciting. Has anyone ever played this game?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I bought the GOTY edition about 3 years ago which comes with all the DLC. At the time I disliked the game, but kept it. More recently I went back to it and gave it another chance, now I realize it's a great game. The atmosphere and free roam are the main things that get me into it, can't judge the DLC though since I haven't started them yet.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I had Fallout 3 back when it first came out. Loved it, although it was a little harder for me to get into than Oblivion or Skyrim. I played it non-stop for about 10 months but only got two of the DLCs; Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel.

Operation Anchorage was kinda naff, I wouldn't really recommend it. Too linear, it's not really an expansion, more just a new mission.

Broken Steel was much better. It's mission was more interesting and it extended the level cap and added lots of really good perks too. I would recommend it if you find yourself looking into getting some of the DLC.

If you like Fall Out, you should definitely check out Deus Ex and the Mass Effect trilogy. They're still kind of open world, but they're a lot more story driven and awesome. Also, Fallout: New Vegas was kick-***.

Purchasing the GOTY edition for my PS3 a couple years back, best decision of my life. I legit lived in that game for a month.

Jedizora

:right:
Fallout 3 is awesome. I got the Goty edition a few months back, and it is awesome. All the DLCs are awesome. Broken steel is one of the best DLCS to get, because
It's the only way to continue playing after the main game.
The other DLCs are good, I really like the reward for Op: Anchorage. The Choice at the end of the Pitt was nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom