• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fairy Type

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I don't think this will influence the meta game much. That is if Nintendo has thought about this a lot and has worked it in well.

I do think that this is a right decision, there hasn't been a new type in a while and it's refreshing to see one.

How will a new type influence the meta?

Is GAME FREAK making the right decision by introducing a new type after so many generations?

I don't really understand how Dragon types can be weak against fairy type attacks, It just doesn't make sense. I really hoped this wouldn't happen, but nothing can be helped now so were just gonna have to live with it. I'll probably warm up to it eventually, but I still don't approve of the idea of including a type where it really wasn't needed. With Gardevoir changing to Fairy, I hope to god Gallade stays as a Psychic/Fighting type.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I don't really understand how Dragon types can be weak against fairy type attacks.

I think that they are both "fantasy" types, so like a fairy (a stereotypical force of good) would prevail against a dragon (a stereotypical force of evil). But I think they could have done other better advantages for fairy type. I really don't like that the dragon type will be weakened, I usually think of that type as one of if not the strongest type. I would have made it super effective against poison and dark and weak to maybe steel or electric. But I completely understand their reasoning for making it super effective to dragon.

All in all, it has the potential for being great, and I think it was the right decision to make, implementing a new type, to freshen up what already looks like a great game.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like it, it brings something new to the experience. New pokemon, a new map, and new story are great and all, but a new type will change the gameplay and strategies.

It's not that much of a change. Dragon types were also added in the second or third gen. They had a slight advantage, but now everything is even.

But you're missing the obvious...
We finally have 18 types, 17 was just killing me because of OCD D:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I seriously don't understand why so many fans ***** and moan about a new type being added. Gamefreak isn't stupid; they'll find a way to make it work for sure. I'm actually very excited for the addition of this new Fairy type. More diversity in types could never hurt, and it's nice to have a breath of fresh air once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom