• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Fails/Mistakes/Dumb Things You've Done in Modern Zeldas

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
My biggest fail was the one that got me onto teh Dungeons in the first place... It was during Spirit Tracks (first game whoop whoop) and I was in the Ocean Temple (is it just me, or does that temple have a severe lack of OCEAN?!) and was on the fifth and sixth floors. You know that bit
that you have to copy the layouts of the fishy-mouth swords to continue?
Well, I had NO CLUE that you had to cover the ENTIRE floor, I just did the section that had the message on a tablet in it. Then I got onto teh Dungeons, looked at the walkthrough, and facepalmed.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
In Twilight Princess, in the Lanayru Province covered with twilight,remember the part that you have to throw yourself to Lake Hylia from that bridge?Well, it took me 30 minutes to figure out that! I kept trying to go up in the boxes, or stopping the fire with the boxes, or anything else! And in Spirit Tracks, in the part where you battle the Demon Train, I didn't know that I had to hit it's face! I kept hitting those laser things until I fell! I kept doing that for 2 days!

P

Pindar Draconia

OoT and MM ... I feel so silly, but the Bow and Arrow arcades. I used to get the perfect scores so easily. Now... I just plain blow at it. Getting older sux. :( Now, I am playing TWW and I can't even sort 25 letters even once much less twice. I want to scream to the Goddesses, "W-H-Y ???" I would beg the Tri-Force for more power or the ability to stop time or something! I keep pleading with the Fairy Boy to get the lead out! Ugh! I wonder how long it will be before I can accomplish this.... hmmmm.

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
well, in Phantom hourglass MULTIPLE TIMES, I've stopped inside the temple of the ocean king in a safe zone, left my DS open, and left to do something like eat lunch. Many of those times, I only thought that I was in the safe zone. Try doing the whole dungeon with about two minutes left. <facepalm>

Mikepoke101

Just Chilling.
I was hanging out with a friend and we started to play Wind Waker, trying to joke around with him we sneaked up to the large pig on outset Island and began to attack it. All of a sudden it attacked us and In less then 5 seconds we found Link dead with a Game Over... Classic dumb moment.

For some reason the Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker gave me the most awful time. I kept going in circles and couldn't figure out where to go, and it took me about a month and a half to finally figure it out. >.<

T

Tigerlily13

In PH on the uncharted island where you find the golden frog, I kept trying to find the correct way to hit the statues to gain entrance to the cave. I talked to Linebeck, and he told me to draw the outline of the island, but I was to lazy to do that. After a month and a half, I finally did what he said and figured the puzzle out in 5 minutes... I always listened to Linebeck after that.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
My most recent fails and cool moments are in WW since I just beat it. Like when I was stuck for hours in the forbidden woods in the room with the 2 door plants and the boomerang right across(tried to kill them with a deku stick), when I got stuck in the earth temple in the re-dead statue that covers the stairs because I didnt know that Medli could hold her harp up, and finally the wind temple trying to figure how to release Makar. But my biggest fail ever was when in twilight princess I accidentally lost against Armoghoma...in the tiny spider form, I had half a heart and got to close to the tiny ghoma pack and well, game over... I wasnt very good dodging back then...

Big Octo

=^)
A while ago, I used to think Big Octos we're scary, and I also thought they were hard to kill. One day I decided to kill them all, and then I thought "Wow, it takes me longer to kill a Darknut!"

P

Princess*

Well, in TP, I didn't read the spinner instructions, thinking, "How hard could it be?" Then when battling the boss, I had no earthly idea how to damage his spine!

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
one of mine would be in TWW. during the snake form of puppet ganon i kept chasing it around the romm trying to hit it's tial, it was really hard and i always missed, and i usually got killed. then i learned to stay a fair distance away and stand still and then try to hit his tail as it came into view. i still missed a few times. but i got him without too much trouble.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
For me, it is when i was on the final boss of oot when you were meant to deliver the final blow to ganon.

I kept on hitting the tail, like 'Die die die!!!' Completely unaware that i was meant to be hitting the head -_- :fairy: :triforce:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I did so many stupid things. Mostly in TP. I managed a couple of times to throw myself off the cliff instead of throwing the bomb (Yes I do this a huge lot in Mario games too :P ) and one time I liked the Zora clothing and was wearing it at Snowpeak Ruins but I completely forgot I was more vunerable to fire and Ice. So my life went down rapidly after facing those mini freezards and I wondered why..............

Conor

the over analysing guy
I returned to the dawn of the first day on Majora's mask without returning the snowhead stray fairies -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom