• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Faction Fantasy (Game Thread Sign-Ups)

Majora's Cat

How about that
Here's how this goes. There are three factions: mages, giants and swordsmen. You can sign up as any of these factions. Here are their starting statistics:

Mages:

Health: 200
Attack Power: 3
Defense Power: 7
Extra Points: 0
Special Moves: +10, -10, Block (2)
Special Items: None

Giants:

Attack Power: 8
Defense Power: 2

Swordsmen:

Attack Power: 5
Defense Power: 5

I will answer all of your questions now:

Battle - this is a turn-based RPG game. The three factions are merely for your starting statistics. In no way are they aligned against another faction. I will later post a specific order for everyone to post in.

Anyway, battles are fairly simple. When you turn comes around, you have two options: fight or shop. While common sense tells you to fight, shopping isn't a bad idea.

Fighting is easy. Your attack power is based on your faction. Your basic AP is shown above. When it's your turn and you choose to fight, you may attack anyone in the game. The damage you inflict to your victim's health points are equal to the difference between his/her defense power and your AP. For example, say your AP is 4 and your victim's DP is 2. You can only attack your victim if your AP is higher than your victim's DP. If your AP is higher, then the damage inflicted to your victim is 2 because that is the difference between your AP and his/her DP.

Shopping - this is nice and simple as well. I will post a shopping list when this game thread first comes out. I may add to the list later on just for the heck of it. Basically the shopping items are special items and special moves that you can purchase with your extra points.

You gain extra points by successfully damaging another player. If you do, award yourself three extra points. No more, no less. If you deal the finishing blow to a player by depleting his/her HP completely, you get twenty extra points for doing so.

Now let's get down to the nitty-gritty of shopping. SIs and SMs will be marked with prices. You can buy these items and moves with your extra points. There will be things like potions which heal you, poison that hurts another player and other delightful extras. Those are the basic items and moves.

Then we move on to more lethal shopping items. These cost a heck of a lot of ExP because they are so important. I might even put a move up for sale that can deplete another player's HP by ridiculous amounts.

By the way... you may purchase more than one item during your turn. In fact, you can purchase as many as you want as long as you don't run out of ExP. :)

Leveling up - the second use for ExP is for upgrading your AP, DP and HP. You can buy one attack point for one ExP, you can buy one defense point for one ExP, or you can buy five health points for two ExP.

And you can purchase as many AP, DP or HP you want until you run out of ExP. :)

Now it's time for YOU to decide which faction you want to be in. Leave a post if you want to be in the game. I will explain further details when the actual game thread comes out.

And finally... whoever is the last player standing wins "Faction Fantasy"... and those who run out of HP die and cannot be revived except if another player uses the heal potion (+10) to revive the player... though the player that was revived will have a mere 10 HP.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Yes, it's a copy of H&H... not quite. I used a few elements from it, but FF is simply a game of its own. I'd like to see another game thread be cooler than this. :right:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Yes actually.
But are there more than one variety of "defense"? Or even "offense"?
What do the stats even mean?

Attack power determines how much damage you do to an enemy. The higher the value, the more damage you can inflict.

Defense power determines how much damage you'll take from an enemy attack. The higher the value, the less damage you'll take from an attack.

I don't think that there's a separate stat for magic attack in this game. Basically, Mages take the least damage, but also cause the least. Giants deal and receive the most. Swordsmen are average in both areas.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I'm going to need some more mages here. So far there is only one (which is unconfirmed)... anyway, it doesn't matter if their AP is low. Their DP is as high as the sky. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom