• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Facebook's Timeline

I don't mind the layout and look of the timeline, and think the concept is cool. But while I am tempted to add more pics and info about myself for the world to see, I really don't trust Facebook's privacy. Even when setting the right privacy settings, I just don't like having too much personal information on the site.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't like how people get so distracted by the header picture that they are blinded to the other faults of the layout. "OHH! Place to put a pretty picture!"
That doesn't make out for the disorganization, constraining spaces, and reduced privacy. It's a common tactic though. Make something pretty and they'll ignore how dysfunctional it is. A lot of the comments... okay, nearly ALL of the comments I've seen around the web that support Timeline; specially for people, not pages; are pretty much all about the spot for the header picture and nothing else. Nothing about the crazy columns, or exposed privacy.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I still have the old layout and I hope it will stay that way for a little longer. I just looked at a profile with timeline from a friend of a friend (that I don't know) and I'm shocked at how much details I can see as an outsider. I hope I can tweak the privacy settings so that random people don't see when I worked for what company or what I share with my friends at what time and day.

I could've used it sooner now I don't have that much of need of timeline.Good thing about it is that you can search your FB history more easily

Personally, I hate the timeline. But considering that I never much liked anything about facebook and keep it simply because I have friends I couldn't talk to otherwise, I don't expect any kind of improvements. It's not really THAT much of a change. People will get over it.

apparantly most people hate it. I'm one of the lucky people that haven't gotten forced to have timeline yet :) but imma be sad when that time comes

I don't mind it as much.

I heard the width was because it was thought in mobiles and other devices, but I don't really like the two columns thing as much as I like the organization of the timeline in itself. I also feel the opposite way than most people as I feel the information is more at hand and more intuitive than before. :lol:

Putting that aside, I am more concerned about all the privacy changes and tagging and photo stuff than everything else. I really dislike not being able to de-tag myself directly in picture and just 'disable the picture to appear in my profile". I am not over that and some applications taht bulk ask you permission to do thing and you cannot decide for either, like ticking each option or something.

I personally like timeline as a whole (especially the cover photo), plus it gives you the ability to look back on all your past posts and comments. It is a little laggy, though, and the profile picture area could be a little bit bigger.

I hate it and hope i dont ever have to change to it! :P I really facebook should either stop with the constant changing (unless its actually better) or give the option to choose the many different types of layouts they have made, like once a month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom