• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Facebook

K

kellylife

Yeah, this place is freshing and full of new.

I like this place.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
I was always reluctant to get a facebook account. I got one about a year and a half ago, used it frequently, but now I am starting to detest facebook. I find it stupid, unproductive and I believe that it makes people less socially interactive. Lately I've been getting back to old forums I kinda left behind because of facebook and finding new ones (like this one). I like this site much more than facebook, and I like the fact that on here I can actually engage in interesting and informative discussions rather than bland small talk. If it weren't for the fact that all my friends use facebook for everything (sadly) and that it's actually not bad for event planning, I would delete my facebook account instantly.

And yes ever since I found this site a couple months ago (I used the walkthroughs before I signed up to the forums) I have been on here more than facebook.

SheikahWarrior said:
stop posting song lyrics as your status, it's F-ing annoying
Well, whatever someone posts as their status is their business. But, what annoys me is that some people will just post subtle innuendos meant for certain people via status updates. I think that's just a childish and immature way of addressing an issue that you have with someone. I have some people in my list that do this frequently, so I just hide them from my news feed.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I think what gets on my nerves most is when someone goes on those special pages and just "likes" dozens of phrases that they think are cool. I usually tag them in a thread telling them to get a life. lol

Mandi said:
Well, whatever someone posts as their status is their business. But, what annoys me is that some people will just post subtle innuendos meant for certain people via status updates. I think that's just a childish and immature way of addressing an issue that you have with someone. I have some people in my list that do this frequently, so I just hide them from my news feed.
I hate when people do that. I have one friend who's constantly posting really vague things, clearly intended for specific people. I just don't comment on it--I know she does it for attention.

I'm with you on that one, J Oh. I really don't mind the minutiae-of-your-boring-life posts, but probably because most of my "friends" don't often post them. I do however hate the automatic notifications. Come on, I don't CARE how you're doing on those stupid games that for some reason give the game companies permission to read MY information when YOU play them. (Hence I don't post much personal info.) No, I don't care that you found a tank of gasoline and a feather while you were plowing your field--I don't want them, and I don't want oversized pictures of them cluttering up my news feed. The same goes for other people's personal horoscopes. (I especially don't do astrology. Too close to the occult or new age stuff. Give me religion or science, or both, but none of that magic malarkey.)

I do like the ability to get in touch with my former classmates and my relatives should I need to. I like being able to wish someone a happy birthday, for instance. That way it doesn't seem like I just forgot about them just because I graduated.

But unless I've missed something (which is likely considering how seldom I'm on there), I don't see a way to send a message to a select subset of my friends. What if I want to ask a computer question, and send it to my computer science classmates but not my grandmother?

Also, you won't find Linebyline on Facebook. (Well, maybe you will, but it's not me.) I use my real name, which I usually try hard not to associate with Linebyline because ... well, Linebyline is a bit of a dork. Okay, I'm a bit of a dork in real life too, but I don't want everyone to know that.

R

Ruzi

I'm always on facebook but I just found this site so I hope to not always be on facebook?

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I'm on face-book, but only because a friend wanted me to get one so I could keep in touch. I don't like it much, the things they ask you to fill out seem like a data mine, and I don't really want just anyone knowing that much about me, so I left a lot blank. Also I can see how you could get your identity stolen really, really easy there.

Though I think there will be a few people I'll be able too keep in touch with it easier, so it's not all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom