• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Facebook bans conservative independant pages from website

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
In other news, water is wet. Unfortunately we live in a dangerous time where corporations are being left unchecked. In the past, you could generally rely on conservatives to prevent the government from getting too much power, while the liberals made sure corporations didn't obtain too much power. Unfortunately the liberals have no principles and sold out the moment corporations started favoring them. And the conservatives are too stubborn and stupid to realize that maybe they were wrong and perhaps there is a danger of corporations gaining too much control and basically circumventing our constitutional rights.

Wombat Veteran

The Devil's Advocate
As others have said, Facebook has the right to regulate the content uploaded to its website.

And ignoring some of the rampant politicizing and insults present in this thread, I prefer to think of this as Facebook removing assholes. Given how publicly and loudly said banned people have been with ignorant, hostile, or downright incorrect information and attitudes, they deserve the bans they're given.

Deus

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
ZD Champion
As others have said, Facebook has the right to regulate the content uploaded to its website.

And ignoring some of the rampant politicizing and insults present in this thread, I prefer to think of this as Facebook removing assholes. Given how publicly and loudly said banned people have been with ignorant, hostile, or downright incorrect information and attitudes, they deserve the bans they're given.
Paul Joseph Watson did nothing wrong at all. Nor did Tommy Robinson for that matter. They did not break rules. In fact many of the banned did not break rules and no evidence of their rulebreaking was ever provided because it is simply Facebook pushing their own agenda and silencing voices they disagree with. This is why conservative voices are banned but thugs linked to terrorism like Antifa are still allowed to spout their slanderous nonsense and organise events on the platform.

This is an absolutely unacceptable way to be for a public platform like facebook. Whilst they may be technically a private company. Social media is pretty much an essential tool these days. Like the roads. Imagine if the council started banning road users with the wrong opinions. They are depersoning people and ruining their livelihoods and they should not have the power to do so.

Bishop Rodan

Godslayer
I think Trump needs to deal with this. Via executive order is possible and if not bring it up in congress. Might not pass congress but put the heat on people like Zuckerburg. Let the people know these millionaires and billionaires are against free speech. I think it's time the government steps in to put a stop to this.
"I oppose censorship by those evil lefties, so Trump should step in to censor things to a way that is more to my liking! And do so via circumventing Congress if necessary!"

I have to say, this thread was a pretty entertaining read. I don't even like Zuck, but come on.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
"I oppose censorship by those evil lefties, so Trump should step in to censor things to a way that is more to my liking! And do so via circumventing Congress if necessary!"

I have to say, this thread was a pretty entertaining read. I don't even like Zuck, but come on.
Yeah, can we have less government intervention in anything please?

Actually, if the government is fit for anything, it's breaking up anti-trusts. It's really the sort of thing only a properly representative government can handle.

It's not the presidents responsibility to do it, though. Fortunately, there are anti-trust investigations into big tech being pushed through both the democrat house and republican senate where the legal obligation to address anti-trust issues resides. And parties in both chambers actually seem pretty serious about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom