• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Face Masks

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
NEW RULE: You must wear a mask while you are at the Dungeons. We don't want you breathing on the screen and the virus makes it through the firewall onto others.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Only when I have to. We had to wear them in the plane and on the airport of course and in all public places in Italy. It's not a big deal wearing them when I have to. But as soon as I can take it off it's off.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't usually use them when I'm outside unless there are people around. Generally people around here maintain safe distances outside and aren't crowding, but I like to be safe.

Masks are mandatory here though, in all public indoor places, so my mask always goes on before I enter any kind of shop or restaurant. I've even been wearing one through drive thru. I sometimes wear a bandana, but have recently switched in favour of disposable white masks because I get them for free at work (at which we are required to wear a mask at all times unless eating, even if we are just in the basement or break room). I really don't mind, it's a mild inconvenience at worst and potentially life saving at best, for me and other people. It's slightly disconcerting to see the number of people here who don't wear them in spite of the mandate, or the number of people who only wear it over their mouth. I am visiting family for Thanksgiving next week, including my 80 year old Grandmother (I'm being COVID tested today as a precaution) so I have been avoiding going out as much as possible due to all the people who don't seem to care.

The last thing I want to do is start a big argument, but I've seen people IRL and even on this site say they don't wear a mask unless it's mandatory; I'm sorry, but that is an extremely selfish viewpoint. Anybody can be asymptomatic and just as contagious. Masks are not supposed to be used for your own protection, they're for the protection of those around you. It's a mild inconvenience that honestly I'm just used to by now. We don't complain about having to cover up our bodies because we agree public indecency is bad, but when it comes to wearing a face covering for short periods of time to protect the lives of people around us it's annoying and against our rights? I'll never understand that. And I don't buy the "I can't breath" argument. I know people with breathing disorders who have never complained and have very little trouble wearing masks. And while there are people who legitimately have trouble wearing one, they are few and far between. If you only wear a mask when it's mandatory because you don't want to otherwise, that's stupid, you're stupid, and full offense intended because you need to wake up and realize what they're really for. It ain't about you, give some consideration to those around you.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've been wearing one whenever I'm out and about from my dorm unless I'm driving around in my car or motorcycle. A little bit of discomfort isn't enough to justify putting other people at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom