• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fable II?

Which is better?

• Fable II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fable III

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I have a friend who plays Fable II a lot, he isn't an expert, but I trust his opinion might help settle this. Fable II is way better. He says Fable III doesn't have as much character as II, and he should know.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I LOVE the Fable series, and I would say Fable III is the better of the two. Fable: Lost Chapters is still the best game (I don't really count the original Fable and Lost Chapters as separate games since Lost Chapters is just an expansion of the original, but since the expansions are awesome, I specifically picked Lost Chapters, lol), though, so if you haven't played that one yet, I strongly advice you to. Sure the graphics are not as good as it's successors, but it's a great game with a great story and tons of things to do. Fable III has a slight slower start than II with the huge amount of cut-scenes at the very beginning detailing your brother, the king's harsh rulings and so on, but if you just stick through the castle-bit, and don't get too confused by the "Road to Rule", which is basically just the way you level up in the game, then the rest of the game is awesome. The final boss could have been more challenging, though.

I, too, thought the idea of playing the ruler would be kinda stupid for a Fable game, but it honestly works. You have to go among the people, gather support from the people, storm the castle once you have enough support and take over the throne and face a whole new challenge once you do, as your brother wasn't a tyrant for no good reason...

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
I have a friend who plays Fable II a lot, he isn't an expert, but I trust his opinion might help settle this. Fable II is way better. He says Fable III doesn't have as much character as II, and he should know.
Fable 3 definatly sounds better in a differnet way, and looks like it was meant to be like that. I guess i will just have to play it lol. :)

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Okay If I may.

I have played both and love the series. Fable II to is a lot easier to interact with a crowd of people and fall in love quickly and become good or evil very quickly. Fable 2 has a woderful story to it but it does get a little boring here and there... Of course you are slapped with a million side quests and people can jump you out of no where. I love Fable 2 because you can choose to become good or evil and when you do. You and your dog look totally different. If you are good you are bright and your dog is white. If you are evil you get horns and your dog becomes black and heck scary. And you can change your dogs breed at press of a button. You obtian houses easier than the 3rd fable game. and Heck The Ending you choose what happens not saying what or who but just happens

Fable 3.... Oh dear. I have only played it for 6 days because it was a rental but heres what I can tell you. I agree with whoever said there are little chacaters. But you get to lead a Revolution as a Prince or Princess. And for the love of pete it's so hard to fall in love. Becuase in order to become friends you have to do a Relationship mission that takes forever! But You make good or bad choices and you get good or evil wings. I would've like evil horns but thats just me. But its nice to hear your person talk. Oh almost forgot... in Fable 2 you get more hair, Clothing, and other stlyes for your person Fable 3 you have to download everything. But the thing that I love about Fable 3 is the foreshadowing effect when you hit a certain point. But I beat the game twice in 6 days time. It took me about 2 months to beat Fable 2.

To me you should actually start with fable 2 and then when you are done and want to move on go to fable 3. But your choice Hero ;)

EDIT: And I just realized I put a quote in from Fable! and I almost forgot. You can get anyone pregnant or worse in both games but it's easier to do it in Fable 2... Don't tell me I'm sick it's my freind who wanted me to...

jugglaj91

I am me....
I think you should experience them all. Fable/Fable: The Lost Chapters was amazing and revolutionary at the time. Sure the graphics are dated but so is OoT and I am sure that doesn't stop you from enjoying it from time to time. Fable 2 had so much back up and support because it was the first 360 Fable game. It is good but don't get too attached to anything, and don't go looking for too much puzzles, or difficulty wise. Fable 3, while I have not finished it, I have become King though, is decent. It adds a new spin to the game, where your choices actually reflect in the game in a whole new way. It also has a higher difficulty I would say, no health bar, the screen flashes red when you are about to die. As I said, I think you should play them all, but as Dragon565333 said - Your choice Hero!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Here's an awesome thing that should make a Zelda fan want to play Fable 3. By combining different elements of costumes and using the green dye-pack you can make your character look like Link:
http://www.gamesradar.com/video/v-2010102517482626025

I remember when I started playing Fable 3 that my cousin said it would be really difficult to play the game as "good" and still manage to "win" in the end (as in make all the "right" choices and manage to avoid the consequences...)... but I managed pretty easily, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom