• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Eye Door + Sword Circle = Stupid

W

WeeGeeTime

Oh please, spare me. Now it's an easter egg?? You guys don't need to be apologists for Nintendo and make up reasons that this is a good thing...and first of all, and "easter egg" is something that is hidden away, this is front and center. Next, if this is a reference to Mario, holy crap, it is a lame and pointless reference. Those stupid eyeball enemies in M64 were not like some really fun or memorable thing that people will be thrilled to be reminded of. :sick: Finally, how is this a reference to Mario 64?? That is like saying the steel boots in OoT was a Mario 64 "easter egg" because it was like the metal cap. Ug.

Seriously, this is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I have heard in a forum...and that says something.

And your post complaining about such a small and insignificant puzzle in the game is any different?

It's just a cute little puzzle. I don't see the point. At all. Sure, the door IS gimmicky, but the definition of a gimmick is something designed to attract extra attention, interest, or publicity, and it does just that. How do you know they couldn't do things with the door, such as making you move the sword in different patterns for different doors?

The door takes like 2 seconds, like a lot of other people said. What's the point in complaining about it? They could've wanted to show off the motion of the sword. That's fine. They could've wanted to show off the Wii Motion +. That's fine. Hell, they could've wanted to show off how the pupils in the eyeballs looked, but it doesn't matter. No one has to make a big deal out of what Nintendo WANTED to show.

But this thread is opinion based. So if you want to think this, go ahead, but I don't understand the reasoning behind complaining about something so small and easy. And...

But this "puzzle" is just a goofy little thing they did because you can use motion plus, not because it fits naturally into the game or because it adds to the realism. Would an eye look at your sword naturally? No. What next, drawing with your sword?.

It's called creativity.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I personally don't find it to be stupid. The entire game is not going to be set around you circling your sword around in order to open a door. It's only going to take, what, maybe 3 or 4 seconds to do that. It's not like you're going to be doing it for a whole minute or more. The developers are finding ways to use the Wii Motion Plus and this just happens to be one of them. I honestly do not see what the big deal is. Sorry, but that is my opinion on this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom