• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Exploring Skyloft - New Gameplay.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Using a code on the E3 demo I was able to explore Skyloft. If you want to see more, tell me, there is still a lot more of this place to see.

[video=youtube;F9177mrH5TM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9177mrH5TM[/video]

P.S - Can't enter buildings.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Can you do that with Dolphin too? It has a cheat manager with sub-windows like "AR Codes", "Gecko Codes" and you can "search" for cheats but I don't know what to enter in any of these fields...

O

Oceanbear1

I like how he only loses one heart when jumping from the statue

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
"He can leap over tall buildings (and onto goddess statues) in a single bound...it's SuperLink!"

Nice gameplay! Really can't wait to try it out myself.

Do you already have the demo, hacked Wii and an Ocarina program?

I don't have an Ocarina program. I'm sure I could download one somewhere. Is it easy enough to use without a long tutorial or am I better off waiting until the game leaks in a day or two? (Don't worry pirate haters, I'm one of you, and will buy this game later around Christmas. Maybe even the 20th, haven't decided yet.)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hey TheMinish, so far on the "hacked" version of the game, how does everything feel, or, do the controls work well (for it being in beta and hacked in your current version)?

*EDIT* I like how you can stab pumpkins and have it stick there, and everytime you were about to fall off Skyloft, Link was all like, "Nope.avi", and flies XD

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hey TheMinish, so far on the "hacked" version of the game, how does everything feel, or, do the controls work well (for it being in beta and hacked in your current version)?

*EDIT* I like how you can stab pumpkins and have it stick there, and everytime you were about to fall off Skyloft, Link was all like, "Nope.avi", and flies XD

Controls worked great for me. A few calibration errors, but that is a known bug with the demo. I thought the sword was in a 8 direction lock, but it is REALLY ONE-TO-ONE.

Controls worked great for me. A few calibration errors, but that is a known bug with the demo. I thought the sword was in a 8 direction lock, but it is REALLY ONE-TO-ONE.

The sword is in an 8 direction lock when you swing it. The game tracks your movements with near 1:1 precision as you move the sword around, but when you slice the game picks one of eight directions closest to the one you actually performed. But since you have complete control before and after the slice this is practically unnoticable. Especially since the game only requires a slice in one of these 8 directions. And thats the beauty of it: its the illusion of 1:1.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun

That's great news! One of the things I am really excited for is the amazing sword play and I was worried it might not be as good as I think. But that just laid all my worries aside! Thanks! ;)

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Hacking the demo to explore skyloft was okay, but hacking the stamina gage so it is infinite and link spider-jumping!? I think that is taking it too far, but it looks cool though. :)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
You might want to add a spoiler tag. Even though it isn't anything huge it still spoils some of the buildings and such. It doesn't bother me, but it may bother someone else. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom