• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Explain This...

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Okay so in the Groose vs Mido thread, I made an observation. Thought it deserved its own thread...

If kokiris are children that never age, then why does Mido show romantic interest in Saria? This is evidenced by him making another guy clean her yard and taking credit for it, also by him being jealous of Link for being close friends with her. My point is, kids aren't usually that way, that's the sort of thing I'd expect from teenagers. If they don't think the opposite gender has cooties, they think love is gross. I was the latter. I had a lot of friends that were guys but I thought romance was absolutely disgusting.

Do you think the aging just stops at puberty or something? And can they have kids of their own if they tried? I doubt it, since I think it says somewhere that they are created by the Deku Tree's magic. Or maybe it's just never happened before? Either way...discuss.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Maybe this is a cultural thing, because where I grew up romantics started as early as elementary school. It wasn't out of the ordinary for boys to get into (play)fights over girls. Heck, I remember getting jealous over girls back in elementary school. I guess it's a possibility that some of them have hit puberty, but it doesn't really necessarily matter.

They don't physically age. They clearly develop emotionally, my argument being that Saria herself seems fairly mature in her thoughts and actions. Especially as a sage. If they perpetually had the mindset of six-year-olds, then... the forest would not be a very tranquil place.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Yeeahh. I guess it was kind of a stupid statement.

I don't think it was a stupid statement, you had a question and people answered it. Just because it wasn't the answer you expected doesn't mean that your question was a stupid one.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Yeah, Kokiri's continue to mentally and emotionally age. This is shown most clearly through Fado, the wind sage in WW. He is dead, but acts highly mature of it and is more "adult" than most adult characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom