• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Experience System Again?

Do you want Experience points in another Zelda game?

• Yes, I would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I wouldnt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How would you like to have one of the Future Zelda games have the "AoL" experience system? I think it might be weird to have a 3D Zelda game having experience points in, but it could work. I don't agree with the sword leveling up from the points, but I do like the magic upgrades. You could maybe do it with health, like upgrading to different types of Tunics. I honestly don't think it would be a great idea to bring it back, but if they would bring it back, I would love to see how they applied it to the game.

M

mr insane117

somewhat like zelda II the adventure of link?? i liked the leveling up, it wasnt bad...it may be pretty fun.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I say yes. I liked that about AoL and I say that it is one thing that they could but in Zelda again that would make it seem more fresh. There are lots of things they could do with the gameplay because of a level up system ^^

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
As I am a fan of AoL I would like the idea. I have some difficulties seeing it being realized in 3D though, especially the magic part, cause with magic we want some nice spells and the magic hasn´t been great in Zeldas lately. But a new 2D a la AoL would be awesome (but guess it will never happen).

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It would actually be nice for me to have a leveling system in another Zelda, it should be just like AoL. And it should stay in the non-traditional RPG motif (random encounters.) But the enemies should be considerably harder if this is implemented.

I think it should go somewhat like this.

20 levels for hearts. 10 you get by choosing to level up, the other 10 should be secret heart pieces.

A magic meter that levels you up by only 5 levels. There are 7 more magic levels you can obtain, but you need to visit great faeries and accomplish certain tasks.

You can also level Sword Knowledge which shall be how experienced you are with the sword. When you have raised the level high enough you can train at the school for swordsmanship to get a new technique.

And a new one to the Zelda franchise would be Strentgh. Leveling this up would allow you to push bigger blocks and uncover new secrets in Hyrule.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
mmm Not really....Zelda strays away from the classic RPG game system and that's something that I find very nice. Now don't get me wrong, I love RPGs as much as the next guy, but if I want an RPG, I'll play Chrono Trigger, FF, Mario RPG or something.....Zelda is mora an adventure game to me....so no need for experience. I'ts like adding experience system to a Mario game....or using difficulty system on another megaman title.....not necessary

Claire

The Geekette
I can't really say for sure.

This kind of intertwines with the Zelda MMORPG thread, since they share this quality. I think since Adventure of Link is often disregarded because of the numerous characteristics within the game that cause it to drastically differ from the other games within the series, that it could either benefit or harm the game. There are plenty of people who like MMORPGs, but there are plenty who prefer the "norm" within the Zelda world.

I think it would have the ability to become enjoyable, but that would depend on the leveling up within the experience system. If the system were to be flawed, it wouldn't be as fun. But to imagine Nintendo to release a Legend of Zelda game somewhat similar to Morrowind or Oblivion, then while it'd be really neat - it'd have much less puzzles, and much less of the traditional qualities of that have been in the series.

Amelie

Air Dancer
You have a great point Lenora ^^ But I was kind of hoping that they would have a experience system and keep all of the puzzle elements to. I know its hard to imagine and Im not even sure if it would work right... but I would never want them to remove the puzzles. When I am feeling better... I will type up a long summery thingy about a LoZ game with experience and how it works.. how I would want the Zelda game to be.. and see if everyone likes it or not ^^

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Err... I voted yes, but...

I really like AoL. I do, but I tend to not like the leveling- and experience point-system in most RPGs. I don't hate it, but it mostly seems to become a huge grindfest sooner or later. And grinding is the one factor I always hate in all rpgs, it is just very annoying and tedious. One, it's boring, unless the battle system is fun, but then it's almost always against the same type of enemy for too long, so then it becomes boring anyways. And second, I think it somewhat misleads many players into leveling up everything to such massive ammounts that the player will most likely annihilate the rest of the game, and then purposely destroyed many of the games challenges. The latter is something that may be a bit specific (but there's still always some people with too much spare time at hand...), but it is still the fact that the designers put in such a thing into the game that annoys me, to put up good challenges but at the same time you tell you that "uh, if you don't wanna do it, just press this button and instantly kill the whole game and the entire universe!". So, bottom line, I do not like the Xp-system.

So why yes? Well, because Zelda need new things. While Nintendo do new and innovating things with the series, they still have a tendency to like the concept of ALttP a little bit too much. And since AoL was a great game, why not try to explore that kinda gameplay again? As long as they don't do stupid things, like turning Zelda into a turnbased RPG (oh god...), but keep things new, innovative and refreshing, I wouldn't mind a Xp-system at all.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
it would definitely make the game more challenging because it would be harder to kill monsters later on in the game regardless of what sword you have you still need to level up to be stronger as a character.

Z

ZeldaMan17

I loved AoL!One of my all time favorite zeldas..They could make a new 2d game with levelling of the life magic thing...maby you can get new swords instead of leveling your sword up in AoL I mean it's very possible they could make it 2d and release it on wiiware!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think it's a great idea. I'm a big fan of AoL, and one of the reasons is the levelling up system. I really enjoyed the element of what should be upgraded and in what order, and how you didn't even have to upgrade certain elements unless you wanted to.

They'd have to reintroduce some more magic, but it could also work on items as well. You could have a boomerang, but then be able to level it up if you choose to get a Level 2 or even Level 3 Boomerang that could target more objects, or go further distances. You could even level your sword to take more damage off enemies, or tunics to remove less damage on yourself. I say, bring it on!

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I wouldn't really like EXP points in another Zelda, cause I like to get through the game using my skills with the sword (more like controls) not sitting for hours on end leveling up.
Also it could make it easy if your willing to spend a couple days leveling up at an early point in the game so you can brease through the rest of it.
To me Zelda is an Adventure/Action game not an RPG/Adventure.

Shnappy

derp
I honestly am all for and RPG Zelda. AoL wasn't really that much of an RPG, even though it still had EXP points. But I don't want Zelda to turn to EXP and never come back. I like Zelda the way it is, It's just that a spin-off RPG would be nice for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom