• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

And your posts have been accusing us of mafia instead of building cases or not OMGUS.

Can you quote the post?

Accusing is part of scum hunting. You're voting me because of omgus and that is an nai play. I also gave reasons to my vote and it's not like I voted for no reason.

Can you be more specific on what you wanted me to quote?

It’s been stated several times how meta can be abused. You may let her off for it but those of that do not know her are not. And it’s more than the OMGUS. It’s that she chooses to waste posts on that instead of looking at people.

How have I chosen to waste posts when I gave thoughts and questioned some of the players?

So what you're saying is you flavor copped Seanzie, voted him because you thought his role was sus and then decided to back off when his claim matched up with what you peeped. Then decided that with the short amount of time you'd just sheep your top town read because everybody seems pretty confident in town!soul and most are sus on Jinjo anyway. Cool, cool. Gotcha gotcha.

(This is all just a guess for those watching at home).

I'm still mulling over Seanzie's claim. On the surface level I'm inclined to agree with PK that putting up a fight on targets you don't agree with doesn't make sense, but I can fathom caveats that would make a player want to holster it, limited use for example. The rolestop bit doesn't make sense to me as a rolestop would prevent other players from targeting me so I don't see how that would catch me in a lie? Maybe it's just been too long of a day and I'm too tired. I would say currently it does nothing to alleviate my willingness to vote there though.

This post talking about kod sort of looks towny for him since from what I am reading here he visited Seanzie thinking he is scum for the role.

Thoughts from anyone wouldn't you guys say this is town indicative from him?

Seanzie claiming out of nowhere is a bit odd. Well I mean I guess it was in response to me sussing him for him asking Numbers for his alternative cop targets and explaining why. But why was he so against the plan in the first place then if it didn't matter to him? Like full on saying that town deserved to lose if me and Numbers were town and that he might just ignore us because of it. If I have his role and can change what I think is a dumb plan then I just sit back and shut up about it. Could be an AtE act? And claiming could also be to try to make himself look more townie since people will think he had no reason to so it must be townie for him to do so. I dunno, I just see him doing stuff that I feel I would be more inclined to do as scum than as town. Maybe I'm just tunneled.

@Seanzie did you use your ability n1?

I see you asked a question, and I am deliberately not answering it.

I find it amazing that you can read my posts and think that it didn't matter to me. You're really cherrypicking what you're considering in the things I've hinted at with regard to my role, and even considering the things you're not considering, this is comparable to saying "why would *player who is a cop* try to solve someone when they can just target them at night?"

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I see you asked a question, and I am deliberately not answering it.

I find it amazing that you can read my posts and think that it didn't matter to me. You're really cherrypicking what you're considering in the things I've hinted at with regard to my role, and even considering the things you're not considering, this is comparable to saying "why would *player who is a cop* try to solve someone when they can just target them at night?"

Why would you not want to answer the question?

And you know what I meant. It didn't matter in the sense that you could literally change his target. I'm not cherrypicking anything, you're just being vague. You've said that you roleblock other roles used against whoever you control but I don't see how that matters? I mean yeah if someone else targets Numbers that night it won't go through, but if he's town that's good because then scum can't kill him. And if he's scum then we can find out other ways.

It's not comparable because you were upset about something you considered so suboptimal that you were insulting players, when you can still try to solve people without getting to that point considering you have the ability to control his play if you think it's so bad.

It’s been stated several times how meta can be abused. You may let her off for it but those of that do not know her are not. And it’s more than the OMGUS. It’s that she chooses to waste posts on that instead of looking at people.
This is basically what she always does. I don't know that Jinjo has the capacity to not do it regardless of her alignment. I don't have much of a read on Jinjo but I don't want to watch her get lynched for something she does virtually all the time if its the only reason people have tp scumread her.

Why would you not want to answer the question?

And you know what I meant. It didn't matter in the sense that you could literally change his target. I'm not cherrypicking anything, you're just being vague. You've said that you roleblock other roles used against whoever you control but I don't see how that matters? I mean yeah if someone else targets Numbers that night it won't go through, but if he's town that's good because then scum can't kill him. And if he's scum then we can find out other ways.

It's not comparable because you were upset about something you considered so suboptimal that you were insulting players, when you can still try to solve people without getting to that point considering you have the ability to control his play if you think it's so bad.

I think the answer to your first question is self-evident, but just in case it isn't, because I don't want scum to know any more than I have already said. If you're town, I recommend you stop asking. If you're scum, good try rolefishing.

Do you think that I want to have to strongarm someone into not doing something anti-town, rather than, you know, being able to use my ability for literally anything else, or possibly strategically not use it?

I thought only actual role actions were tripled but maybe I misunderstood.

Why do you think KoD is town?

Have they done anything outside of broken promises? Because I haven’t seen it.
I think ExLight stated in thread the number of shots one-shot items have is tripled by the pinata? I'd have to check.

I townread KoD because I can't see much of a reason for scum to do the things he's done. The flavourcop claim was exceedingly pointless from a scum perspective I think.
Additional the way he pushed Seanzie in relation to the flavourcop does feel like he was trying to get Seanzie to lie or something, which comes from a townie mindset I'd think.
I also see the broken promises as townie to some extent? Like their not ideal but if he was scum with no intention of following up on them why make them? It might not've been as risky as I previously acted it was but it still literally accomplishes zero from a scum perspective unless he was counting on the majority of the gane having a mindset similar to mine when reading him.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think the answer to your first question is self-evident, but just in case it isn't, because I don't want scum to know any more than I have already said. If you're town, I recommend you stop asking. If you're scum, good try rolefishing.

Do you think that I want to have to strongarm someone into not doing something anti-town, rather than, you know, being able to use my ability for literally anything else, or possibly strategically not use it?

How am I rolefishing when you outted your role and I'm literally only asking if you used it n1? If you used it on scum then they already know. I didn't even ask who you used it on, just if you used it.

Why would you want to use it for anything other than something anti-town? Like that's the best use of your role. Either use it to direct the mafia kill onto mafia which is a huge shot in the dark, or use it on something anti town to make it townie. Especially considering it's a cop shot which you went on about how it's the most important tool and your role could literally make Numbers use it the way you want AND assure that he can't be killed or blocked. So I'm not seeing the issue here.

How am I rolefishing when you outted your role and I'm literally only asking if you used it n1? If you used it on scum then they already know. I didn't even ask who you used it on, just if you used it.

Why would you want to use it for anything other than something anti-town? Like that's the best use of your role. Either use it to direct the mafia kill onto mafia which is a huge shot in the dark, or use it on something anti town to make it townie. Especially considering it's a cop shot which you went on about how it's the most important tool and your role could literally make Numbers use it the way you want AND assure that he can't be killed or blocked. So I'm not seeing the issue here.

"why wouldn't you use it to stop something that is anti-town?" I was going to IF I was forced to (before other things happened) but I'd much rather have Numbers just NOT do something anti-town.

I don't know why I need to keep repeating myself. This is the end of this conversation, at least on my end.

Vote: KoD

low presence KoD is very strange and makes me nervous.

I find this to be low effort voting from Rag. Its essentially KoD is off his meta but it's been addressed multiple times already that KoD just started a champs game and further has been like this for a few games now, flipping town in said games. Combined with the things I mentioned earlier and the gremlin snafu and I think I'm comfortable leaving my vote here.

Vote: Rag

Seanzie claiming out of nowhere is a bit odd. Well I mean I guess it was in response to me sussing him for him asking Numbers for his alternative cop targets and explaining why. But why was he so against the plan in the first place then if it didn't matter to him? Like full on saying that town deserved to lose if me and Numbers were town and that he might just ignore us because of it. If I have his role and can change what I think is a dumb plan then I just sit back and shut up about it. Could be an AtE act? And claiming could also be to try to make himself look more townie since people will think he had no reason to so it must be townie for him to do so. I dunno, I just see him doing stuff that I feel I would be more inclined to do as scum than as town. Maybe I'm just tunneled.

I don't think there's any other way to look at it other than Seanzie wanted to look town there. If he wanted to justify his asking what player I'd cop he could have easily said he was just using my answer to read me. This is in line with how seanzie's play has presented, similar to how he blind votes to Guage reactions, so I'd say it's fairly believable and he has to reveal no information to do so. But it does nothing to alleviate the pressure from KoD or the possible incoming votes from players like you and I who expressed being okay with voting him. Further the immediate pressure from KoD is a strong indication that KoD had targeted him so he's going to want to be in front of that claim and not behind it since it's not clear the full scope of what KoD would receive. The problem is both town!seanzie and scum!seanzie would want to have this look and probably would take the same action.

This post talking about kod sort of looks towny for him since from what I am reading here he visited Seanzie thinking he is scum for the role.

Thoughts from anyone wouldn't you guys say this is town indicative from him?

I'm assuming the he/him pronouns in this are mostly referring to KoD? I'd say it's indicative of them not being partnered because that theater makes no sense in my world view. Scum!KoD aggressively attacking Town!Seanzie and then jumping off after other players have expressed willingness to vote Seanzie still makes sense, as does the reverse alignment interaction and town/town.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
"why wouldn't you use it to stop something that is anti-town?" I was going to IF I was forced to (before other things happened) but I'd much rather have Numbers just NOT do something anti-town.

I don't know why I need to keep repeating myself. This is the end of this conversation, at least on my end.

Vote: Seanzie

My post is right there and yet you still misquoted what I said and used it to once again avoid answering something. You asked if I thought you would want to use your role to strong arm someone into doing something anti-town rather than use it for any other reason. But even if you're not using it on Numbers, you should be using it on someone/something you think is anti-town. Otherwise there is no point in you controlling someone else other than to stop roles from targeting them. But in that case I already answered why it was a good idea to use it on Numbers anyways because it guarantees a cop shot. So I really don't see your play here. I'm not asking you to repeat yourself. I'm asking you to make sense. Which you're not doing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom