• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Someone tell me about KoD.

They are distinctly differen to try han they were last game, and D1 they did loud stuff up until they were in an okay threadposition, then stopped, which is wolf-indicative (wolves often slow down posting when they're in a good position - they have no need to post to further their goals, and sometimes struggle to post as they worry they might say something that will destroy their current threadstanding by accident)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Nah, I have abilities which can strongarm people into doing things. I was going to force 15337 to target PK so the cop shot at least wasn't wasted on Ex, but due to storm dying, I don't want to strongarm someone who could instead end up using a triple-something tonight. I thought if I was going to be a bit of a jerk and make 15337 target non-ex, I could at least target the player of their choice.

This also could have possibly caught 15337 in a lie depending on what else they said because my ability has some rolestop powers as well, but again that has drawbacks to the whole "ability madness" thing going on tonight, so I've decided to holster.

I'm not sure what you're saying at all here. You have a role that can control people's actions basically and you were going to use it to force Numbers hand. I got that part. But the you not wanting to strong arm someone that could end up using a triple something tonight? Or do you mean that if you made him use the cop on who you wanted that it blocks him from using the rest of his role?

Someone tell me about KoD.

They are distinctly differen to try han they were last game, and D1 they did loud stuff up until they were in an okay threadposition, then stopped, which is wolf-indicative (wolves often slow down posting when they're in a good position - they have no need to post to further their goals, and sometimes struggle to post as they worry they might say something that will destroy their current threadstanding by accident)

He's playing pretty much how he was in the last game I played with him (not on zd, but Wintreath) and he was town there. I think he is in a MU champs game right now so probably not as focused as he usually would be.

Still interested to hear if he plans on telling any info he got though.

I'm not sure what you're saying at all here. You have a role that can control people's actions basically and you were going to use it to force Numbers hand. I got that part. But the you not wanting to strong arm someone that could end up using a triple something tonight? Or do you mean that if you made him use the cop on who you wanted that it blocks him from using the rest of his role?

He's playing pretty much how he was in the last game I played with him (not on zd, but Wintreath) and he was town there. I think he is in a MU champs game right now so probably not as focused as he usually would be.

Still interested to hear if he plans on telling any info he got though.

I don't want to say too much, but I control targets, not abilities, so any targeted abilities they use would be moved to who I want.

And again, there is some rolestopper stuff I don't want to get into that could also interfere with other people's shots.

Mint Elv

Fish!
1/3 of the phase over and not even 1/4 of the players voting…. :u

@Mint Elv @Morbid Minish @DawningWinds @Seanzie @15377

You guys are the players I trust the most here. If this is how the game will keep going then sorry I may as well just sub out or post dumb gifs for laughs until my time in the game is over…
@15377 @Mint Elv @SoulAdvent

Can y'all tell me your top scum leans at the moment? Or who you would be most willing to vote today. You three are probably my top town reads at the moment, and I think KoD is probably included in my town reads too but he's already given his reads.

I would say Echo and Jinjo stick out. I’m still bothered by that post by Echo and I don’t like the inactivity from either. I also prefer to avoid relying heavily on meta since as has been stated it can be manipulated.

PK was a definite scumread last phase but looks a bit better this phase. Still not a twin read though and anyone I’m not townreading I don’t mind lynching.

Seanzie I cannot see as mafia as much as I want to. Maybe because I’ve never seen a mafia act the way they do. They’re just too scummy to be scum of that makes sense.

KoD I forgot was in this game…but I want to see what the results of their flavor cop was. They did promise results.

If I had to create a scum team I would say Echo, Jinjo, KoD, and PK as currently most likely.
Vote: KoD
I know what I said above but why? Because of their lack of results or another reason?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I’m still bothered by that post by Echo and I don’t like the inactivity from either.

That question about Storm? I just wanted to know if we had to use our one lynch this phase to get rid of him. Because if we had to, I'd be a bit more hesitant to do that. I'd rather use it on a suspect. But since it turned out we just had to vote for him a few more times, I was okay with that. Plus the mafia didn't get triple kills in the end, which is a relief.

And I've just been busy. I'm gonna try to post my read list soon, just gotta reread the thread first.

I would say Echo and Jinjo stick out. I’m still bothered by that post by Echo and I don’t like the inactivity from either. I also prefer to avoid relying heavily on meta since as has been stated it can be manipulated.

PK was a definite scumread last phase but looks a bit better this phase. Still not a twin read though and anyone I’m not townreading I don’t mind lynching.

Seanzie I cannot see as mafia as much as I want to. Maybe because I’ve never seen a mafia act the way they do. They’re just too scummy to be scum of that makes sense.

KoD I forgot was in this game…but I want to see what the results of their flavor cop was. They did promise results.

If I had to create a scum team I would say Echo, Jinjo, KoD, and PK as currently most likely.

I know what I said above but why? Because of their lack of results or another reason?

I explained in a followup post. They're off meta and the way they got loud and then disappeared when they had decent threadstanding is reason enough IMO to scrutinize them. I forgot about the flavor cop thing, but sure, that too even though idk if we want to force them to out someone's role.

Minish mentioned they're doing Champs stuff though, which could be explanatory, so I have to let that sift around in my mind for a while to decide if KoD is still a good elim today or not.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Yes and we have 3 hours until the deadline and it’s not like there is a lot of action :/. Text based like this is slow and especially with no result. Maybe better to just lynch the host than anyone xD.

Do you still think that it's a good idea to lynch Ex when it gets slow?

I personally have a strong feeling that Ex is town. A game requiring the host's death to win doesn't seem like something Ex would do. And earlier in Day 1, Minish talked about the negative consequences that had happened in other games on Bulbagarden, which Ex is active on.
And if it was necessary to lynch the host, it would become more apparent as the game goes on. I don't think lynching the host this phase would do anything productive when we are supposed to be scum hunting. If town numbers dwindle and we still haven't successfully lynched any mafia, then I might consider lynching Ex. But only then. Only when it's necessary. That's my position on it.

Anyway, here's some thing that stuck out to me about Soul:
  • Reminds me of myself when I played my first game
  • Seems earnest and sincere
  • Is always pushing players for activity and new posts
  • High poster
  • Sees inactivity as scumtell
Soul was the first player that wanted Storm to be lynched. She was the one who convinced the other players to vote for him. And he turned out to be town. But it was just the first day, which are always hard. She may have just been wrong. But other payers explained to her why Storm was playing like he normally does, but she pushed for a lynch anyway, just because of inactivity.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Voting will usually pick up closer to eod. I think it's been a bit less so this phase because we were trying to figure out the Storm situation first. Now that he's dead we can discuss what to do next.
I don't like to start voting until closer to the end of the phase, when my reads are more established. I don't have a strong enough suspicion of anyone yet for me to decide to vote them. Hopefully things will clear up in a bit and we can find some good leads.

I don't like it when votes pick up closer to eod because there will be some players who don't show up and won't be able to say anything. I have gotten mislynched a couple of times for not showing up in eod and wasn't expecting to get voted.

I feel like as if I'm the only person who is not town reading Soul since she said she is a new player and newbie townies are timider and reserved when they first play. I also didn't like her vote on me since it looked like a way to vote out a player who won't show up and didn't even bother on wanting to interact with me to figure out my alignment.

I'm more used to town interacting with a scum read figuring out their alignment.

I also don't get the town read on numbers and Mint. Numbers vote on PK was for focusing on items but he didn't say anything about PK's posts about Mint and his interaction with the players closer to eod didn't look like he was focusing on items. Mint has been asking questions and was interacting with Seanzie and PK on day 1 and said they would vote Storm and never voted him. They also said it seemed like PK contradicted himself which made it look like they had two players they had in mind for a vote on day 1. Why hold back? Was there no conviction?

Mint Elv

Fish!
Do you still think that it's a good idea to lynch Ex when it gets slow?

I personally have a strong feeling that Ex is town. A game requiring the host's death to win doesn't seem like something Ex would do. And earlier in Day 1, Minish talked about the negative consequences that had happened in other games on Bulbagarden, which Ex is active on.
And if it was necessary to lynch the host, it would become more apparent as the game goes on. I don't think lynching the host this phase would do anything productive when we are supposed to be scum hunting. If town numbers dwindle and we still haven't successfully lynched any mafia, then I might consider lynching Ex. But only then. Only when it's necessary. That's my position on it.

Anyway, here's some thing that stuck out to me about Soul:
  • Reminds me of myself when I played my first game
  • Seems earnest and sincere
  • Is always pushing players for activity and new posts
  • High poster
  • Sees inactivity as scumtell
Soul was the first player that wanted Storm to be lynched. She was the one who convinced the other players to vote for him. And he turned out to be town. But it was just the first day, which are always hard. She may have just been wrong. But other payers explained to her why Storm was playing like he normally does, but she pushed for a lynch anyway, just because of inactivity.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Plenty of others including myself agreed with Souls case. That’s the issue with meta reading. It can be manipulated, so those perspectives looking at it from a whole new perspective are more likely to catch the lie.

Also Souls reason for the inactivity comment was because Storm made a comment abouttalkers getting lynched.

vote: Echolight

I don’t doubt mafia is hiding amongst one of the more inactive players and echo has contributed the least. I also agree with Jinjos stance about voting towards EOD. Waiting till the last minute is for trying to get an easy lynch.

Plenty of others including myself agreed with Souls case. That’s the issue with meta reading. It can be manipulated, so those perspectives looking at it from a whole new perspective are more likely to catch the lie.

Also Souls reason for the inactivity comment was because Storm made a comment abouttalkers getting lynched.

vote: Echolight

I don’t doubt mafia is hiding amongst one of the more inactive players and echo has contributed the least. I also agree with Jinjos stance about voting towards EOD. Waiting till the last minute is for trying to get an easy lynch.

Souls reason for voting Storm about making a comment about talkers getting lynched I didn't even see what was wrong with it and it was an nai thing to say. Storm also said it at start of day and that could of been a joke on what he was saying since there will be players who joke at start of day.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I feel like as if I'm the only person who is not town reading Soul since she said she is a new player and newbie townies are timider and reserved when they first play. I also didn't like her vote on me since it looked like a way to vote out a player who won't show up and didn't even bother on wanting to interact with me to figure out my alignment.

I'm more used to town interacting with a scum read figuring out their alignment.

I also don't get the town read on numbers and Mint. Numbers vote on PK was for focusing on items but he didn't say anything about PK's posts about Mint and his interaction with the players closer to eod didn't look like he was focusing on items. Mint has been asking questions and was interacting with Seanzie and PK on day 1 and said they would vote Storm and never voted him. They also said it seemed like PK contradicted himself which made it look like they had two players they had in mind for a vote on day 1. Why hold back? Was there no conviction?

Is this the famous Jinjo OMGUSs anyone who suspects her?

Anyways I said I would vote Storm to prevent a tie and ensure a non Exlight lynch but didn’t vote right away to give them time to respond. This was before PK made themselves scummy. Then I was just busy arguing with PK and votes went all over the place.

And you’re one to talk considering you never voted either and have been almost non existent. At least I was around and own up to it. Where were you?

Is this the famous Jinjo OMGUSs anyone who suspects her?

Anyways I said I would vote Storm to prevent a tie and ensure a non Exlight lynch but didn’t vote right away to give them time to respond. This was before PK made themselves scummy. Then I was just busy arguing with PK and votes went all over the place.

And you’re one to talk considering you never voted either and have been almost non existent. At least I was around and own up to it. Where were you?

How exactly did PK "make themself scummy"? Can you walk me through your case? I don't see it.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I don't like it when votes pick up closer to eod because there will be some players who don't show up and won't be able to say anything. I have gotten mislynched a couple of times for not showing up in eod and wasn't expecting to get voted.

That's fair. And I'm really sorry that happened.
But I don't like to vote someone without a good reason. And right now I'm having a hard time finding potential scum. It really irks me when players vote immediately before others have time to post and distinguish themselves from others. I don't vote lightly, but only when I find someone that I find scummy. And that usually happens towards the end of a phase, when I'm able to analyze their posts and tone.

But I'll try to make sure I vote soon enough that the person I'm voting will have time to defend themselves. I definitely won't vote last second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom