• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

STORM'S LIST OF BADASS F*CKITUDE
  • Numbers-kind of laying low in my opinion

Probably a true enough statement. Seanzie's last big night post left a rather foul taste in my mouth so I decided it was better to step away from the thread than to spew that nastiness in here.

As for your role, do you mind if I dig into verbal semantics with how it is written? Does it say all abilities will be tripled with new targets being selectable? Does it say the strength of abilities will be tripled? Or does it say all players will.get triple actions including factions? I feel like if town is planning to off the pinata strategically it's best to know the specifics for such planning. On a personal level the specifics could be pertinent to the cop shot as well, so a little bias maybe.

I am more prone to reading Numbers as town because why not? How Numbers reacts to me after will help calibrate my read of him as I've had a series of instances with him that have left me in the dust when Numbers has been mafia and sused me (although I guess one of them was 3p over on Wintreath, but still).

How I react to you after this? Honestly there's still not much to read you on here. The activity dip is NAI, especially with your champs game starting yesterday. The only other thing so far is the plan you enacted yestergameday that you haven't revisted yet so that's probably a priority before setting a read down.

This is a role madness game. And on top of that we can even buy extra roles. Acting like it's the end of the world to use a cop shot on the host who you were pushing to lynch without knowing the consequences when there are plenty of other investigative roles is so dramatic. Almost makes me think it's a play to try to look townie.

I really don't see it as a play to look townie. In my experience with players like Seanzie it's usually more ego driven, to put it as nicely as possible. I'm going to consider the post itself NAI and read him on his stance in general. For a player who, last game, made a point to KoD that nuance is more important than just looking at things black and white he sure is looking at this situation in very black and white terms. Frankly that's not a very good look for him.

I can’t understand why any townie would want him lynched this phase.

Its simply to control the flow. Storm is a ticking time bomb. As others have said, it benefits Mafia more to have him flip late in the game when town is less powerful. Further town can do nothing to stop the flow. Even targeting storm at night to either protect or watch just brings on the impending flip. Its not a "this is a good thing for town", it's a "this is the best of a bad situation". But even if that's the route we choose today we don't have to consider it a wasted phase, we can take as much time discussing everything and anything else before we take action.

@15337, if you couldn't target Ex, who would you target with the cop shot?

Probably you or PK. I'm weary of your preoccupation with lynching Ex. PK because of the reasons I've previously stated about their slot.

Probably a true enough statement. Seanzie's last big night post left a rather foul taste in my mouth so I decided it was better to step away from the thread than to spew that nastiness in here.

As for your role, do you mind if I dig into verbal semantics with how it is written? Does it say all abilities will be tripled with new targets being selectable? Does it say the strength of abilities will be tripled? Or does it say all players will.get triple actions including factions? I feel like if town is planning to off the pinata strategically it's best to know the specifics for such planning. On a personal level the specifics could be pertinent to the cop shot as well, so a little bias maybe.

How I react to you after this? Honestly there's still not much to read you on here. The activity dip is NAI, especially with your champs game starting yesterday. The only other thing so far is the plan you enacted yestergameday that you haven't revisted yet so that's probably a priority before setting a read down.

I really don't see it as a play to look townie. In my experience with players like Seanzie it's usually more ego driven, to put it as nicely as possible. I'm going to consider the post itself NAI and read him on his stance in general. For a player who, last game, made a point to KoD that nuance is more important than just looking at things black and white he sure is looking at this situation in very black and white terms. Frankly that's not a very good look for him.

Its simply to control the flow. Storm is a ticking time bomb. As others have said, it benefits Mafia more to have him flip late in the game when town is less powerful. Further town can do nothing to stop the flow. Even targeting storm at night to either protect or watch just brings on the impending flip. Its not a "this is a good thing for town", it's a "this is the best of a bad situation". But even if that's the route we choose today we don't have to consider it a wasted phase, we can take as much time discussing everything and anything else before we take action.

Probably you or PK. I'm weary of your preoccupation with lynching Ex. PK because of the reasons I've previously stated about their slot.

Have I been preoccupied about it? I haven't brought up Ex other than to respond to people since relatively early D1, and even tried to bargin with you to get you to target elsewhere. Only reason I even ended my vote there was because I got cold feet with voting Soul.

Either way, I also don't think PK is a great choice, but better than Ex.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Numbers and Soul, you both make very good points, but before I go any further, let me get one thing straight. You don't need to lynch Storm, but only vote for him enough times to completely deplete his health and die? Is that right?

Numbers and Soul, you both make very good points, but before I go any further, let me get one thing straight. You don't need to lynch Storm, but only vote for him enough times to completely deplete his health and die? Is that right?

That's what I understood from this...:

only 3 votes to kill me. all game. literally on 1 and a half hearts. and i do not know if a Health Potion is in the cards, or part of DW's Catalog

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
@15377 heres how it goes
I die
All night actions for that night get 3 uses
Faction Night kills included
Such is the way for the Dirty Whore that is the Pinata

Storm

while I am alive, I want to do a deep dive into the roles and see which ones could potentially be the Mafia ones

Mint Elv

Fish!
They are more likely to have a role or item that involves targeting another player, making them a good target for tracking. It's not a strong indication, but something is better than nothing.
I wouldn’t use it as an indication. When people post could just be due to only just logging on or carefully considering their actions if they have one shot. We also don’t know if the mafia nightkill is treated the same as night actions. So that could mean the complete opposite. Some people are sure of their targets, some aren’t, and some are inactive. I feel like if we try to use that as a judgement at all, we’re falling right into a pitfall for mafia to manipulate.
Im at work. Stop being Paranoid, King
He wasn’t rushing you….
Mintish-like what's your deal? do you really want 48 hour nights, 120 hour days, and no hammer rules? they are DLC, and Exlight Arts is seeling it for 7 votes for it
Yes. I work all day making it difficult to get on. Longer phases give me time to catch up and respond especially if it was a busy work day, such as I’m are today will be being I have a giant job to work on.
and it's 6HP
Wasn’t it 7 before?
just so we are clear, with my death the next night will allow
Just to clarify: regardless if you die day or night, it’s the night actions that are tripled?
i mean if scum was outed, we could lynch the godfather, then any killing roles can triple kill the mafia. but we dont have any scum out in the open right now
What? How would catching one mafia mean lynching The Godfather?
This phrasing of these questions irk me. It just feels very diggy? I’m not sure how to describe it but it just feels off to me. I might be reading into it too much though.

pK I think is looking a lot better this phase.

I have to get to work but I’ll post more when I get the chance . Need to do some re reading.

Storm

so we have
  • The Prodigy-first thought for me is Arsonist... for no reason whatsoever

• The Medium-is Ex really going to let people talk to the Ghosts

• the Polyglot-who is gonna speak several languages?

• The Streamer-uncertain what this one could do

• The Cinnamon Roll-Will actually kill you, or is actually a Cinnamon Roll

• The Matchmaker-that is a lurky role if i ever saw one. make people lovers with you, then when you die, half the cast goes with you

• The Marketeer-DW

• The Karateka- something like Karate

• The Clairvoyant- see into the future, or makes the future happen?

• The Pinata-Storm

• The War General-KoD. i think it's a veteran. so visit at your own risk?

• The Snake Charmer

• The Librarian

• The Defenestrator-this guy throws people out of windows

• The Puppeteer-Socky the Puppet. i wonder who's hand he's on?

• The Synesthete-Laurentus

• The Slowpoke-what if someone dies in the middle of the day because of this

• The Gremlin-someone throwing wrenches in things

• The Tech Support-seems like the opposite of the Streamer

• The Bullfighter-might be able to dodge actions on them for a while

• the Twins-Might be two roles, two people who are neighbors

• The Betrayer-we might have a mole, boys

• the Wiretapper-possible spy, tapping into scumchat, which only makes sense if the chat is in a Quicktopic

• The Gambler-know when you hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

• The John Doe-maybe this role is a Janitor

• The Necromancer-Laurentus might come back as a Zombie

• The Slasher-Straight up SK

This phrasing of these questions irk me. It just feels very diggy? I’m not sure how to describe it but it just feels off to me. I might be reading into it too much though.

I... actually got the same reaction as you but wasn't sure if I was reading into it too much either ^^;. Not like Echo should have much to hold back from answering - it seems like he wanted to be sure of what we thought before committing to how to express the situation.

I'm busy with work right now. I skimmed and saw that there was discussion about Storm. I'm still undecided if Storm should flip soon or later.

@SoulAdvent Forgot to ask about last day phase you gave a list of 3 players you suspected which were Storm, numbers, and Rag. Afterwards on day 1 you said something along the lines of numbers and Rag are good for now and if they are good for you then why did you put them as suspects earlier?

Storm

I'm busy with work right now. I skimmed and saw that there was discussion about Storm. I'm still undecided if Storm should flip soon or later.
I could commit Seppukku now, prove my innocence while dropping a massive bomb

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 2.1.

ExLight
(1) - Storm
Seanzie (1) - KingOfDominaria
Jinjo (1) - SoulAdvent
Not voting (9) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio, DawningWinds, 15377, EchoLight, Mint Elv, Jinjo, Minish, Paranoid King

Day Shortening (1) - Storm
Night Shortening (1) - Storm
Add Hammer (1) - Storm

Phase ends on April 28rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom