• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

DW I really think you overestimate the flak KoD will take if he doesn't produce an outted result.

DW I really think you overestimate the flak KoD will take if he doesn't produce an outted result.
To clarify: I don't actually think the level flak he'd be taking is a remote guarantee, but as scum it would still feel like a risk since he'd be caught lying, and that would mean it would be considered before making such a claim and decrease the likelihood of him doing so. Scum aren't usually likely to make easily disproven lies, even if the loss from doing so isn't actually going to end up being a ton, because in my experience scum tend to also overestimate how much flak they might get from doing things (maybe not by as much as my "scum KoD wouldn't do this" assessment appears to, but by a bit), and play things safer.

I hate this idea. Ex does not strike me as someone who would be above designing the game everybody loses if the host dies.
I agree with this. I don't think everyone would lose if Ex dies, but I think it's possible that roles will stop working if they're lynched.

I'm also going to drop a vote on Laurentus. I don't think I've heard anything from them yet.

Vote: Laurentus

Why does them not having shown up yet make you want to vote them?

Do you have thoughts on any of the people who have shown up?

Why does them not having shown up yet make you want to vote them?

Do you have thoughts on any of the people who have shown up?
Because if we're going to vote someone out on the first day, I'd rather vote out someone who's not contributing.
Come to think of it though, the pinch hitters will probably step in if they stay inactive. That's not something I'm used to.

Off the top of my head. KoD, DW, and Minish lean town. Storm, Mint, Sean, and Rag lean scum. No opinion on Numbers, Echo, Jingo, or Soul, though that's mostly because I can't remember anything they've said. And Laur hasn't contributed.

Off the top of my head. KoD, DW, and Minish lean town. Storm, Mint, Sean, and Rag lean scum. No opinion on Numbers, Echo, Jingo, or Soul, though that's mostly because I can't remember anything they've said. And Laur hasn't contributed.
Why not vote someone who's actually shown up? Laurentus hasn't even confirmed their role so its not improbable he's missed that the game started, most likely due to not checking the forums at all. Which, if its the case, is not alignment indicative because it's indicative of them not even knowing their alignment.

If you have scumreads, vote one of them instead. Even if you want to go after someone for minimal contribution, it should be done for someone you're actually sure has seen the game started. Total inactives are both easy votes and complete shots in the dark.

idk what lynching the moderator tends to acheive in bulba games but if the bulbites think its worth doing i'll follow their advice
Hi I'm a Bulbite (that's the word for us?) and I think this is a really really horrible plan. I've been in one game where the moderator was lynched and it result in everyone losing including a person who'd already won and left the game. This was fairly extreme case but I feel like Ex would be willing to doing something similar.
Generally other bulbites in the game when discussion of "lynch the host" is discussed say that it doesn't usually work in a positive fashion, if it does anything at all. So even if Ex doesn't do something on the everybody loses scale I don't expect it to be remotely worthwhile.
Let's not do this please?

Why not vote someone who's actually shown up? Laurentus hasn't even confirmed their role so its not improbable he's missed that the game started, most likely due to not checking the forums at all. Which, if its the case, is not alignment indicative because it's indicative of them not even knowing their alignment.

If you have scumreads, vote one of them instead. Even if you want to go after someone for minimal contribution, it should be done for someone you're actually sure has seen the game started. Total inactives are both easy votes and complete shots in the dark.
Not necessarily. They confirmed their role. They just haven't said anything in the thread.

But I agree. Voting on Laur isn't useful.

Unvote: Laurentius
Vote: Mint

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not voting you based on tone. My comment about tone was to the fact that your follow-up to me implied that you didn't thing HOW people say things matters.

I'm voting you because of the cognitive dissonance due to this apparent misunderstanding between us made me wonder about your intentions. You made a big post, and it seems you went out of your way to make sure to reply to at least one quote from every person who has posted thus far. You made one easy read, but otherwise this big post is full of fluff and soft questions.

Was the point of that big post to push the game forward, or were you just trying to establish yourself in the thread as "townie" by making a big post and making sure everyone was pinged? I'm leaning towards the latter right now because it seems artificial to make a point to quote every person even though your questions has little bite, and your follow-up to my response to your question did not suggest you were carefully considering me, or even were concerned with the answer I would give to your original question.

I disagree with your read on Mint. I don't think their post was just meant to look townie. It actually looks very similar to posts I make at beginning of games. When I've missed a good bit and just go through and quote things that catch my attention. And sometimes depending on how much I missed, by the time I go to reply I don't remember why I quoted some things or I just remember the bare basics of why I quoted it.

Also I think you're trying to read into things too much in regards to the question to you. It's a valid question to ask if anyone ever answers anything other than town when you ask. Even if it's not for reading your alignment. It can be for curiosity or anything else. But Mint's response to your response didn't seem scummy at all to me. It is fair to say that based on their experience elsewhere there's not much to read into since it's texted based and you can't see physical reactions. Because in text Mafia people can take their time to respond. It doesn't catch them off guard, prompting an immediate response that can be telling based off of facial/body reactions. You may feel like you get something out of it but not everyone does.

I'm not going to read into your response as scummy, considering it aligns with last game and you were town then. It may just be a case of differing play styles.

Not necessarily. They confirmed their role. They just haven't said anything in the thread.

But I agree. Voting on Laur isn't useful.

Unvote: Laurentius
Vote: Mint

Could you explain the Mint vote? I don't think you gave any thoughts on them?

To clarify: I don't actually think the level flak he'd be taking is a remote guarantee, but as scum it would still feel like a risk since he'd be caught lying, and that would mean it would be considered before making such a claim and decrease the likelihood of him doing so. Scum aren't usually likely to make easily disproven lies, even if the loss from doing so isn't actually going to end up being a ton, because in my experience scum tend to also overestimate how much flak they might get from doing things (maybe not by as much as my "scum KoD wouldn't do this" assessment appears to, but by a bit), and play things safer.

Its not an easily disproven lie though, and that's why you overestimate the risk in such a play. That assessment only applies if KoD continues to treat the situation as a matter of fact and pushes based solely off of his flavor investigation which then fails to produce the desired outcome. But as has been thoroughly discussed, that's not the only avenue KoD can take from here. And each other path creates less and less risk and more opportunity for a scum!KoD to take such an action. Further, KoD is not a play it safe player regardless of alignment. I don't see his action as alignment indicative here. More likely KoD has a lyncher type role and is looking for a specific role. His pm probably alludes to them knowing this so his comments early on are to Guage reactions so as to better direct his shot. I don't feel bad if this ruins his reactions because nothing says that this removal would be pro town.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Vote: Hammer
Catching up. Expect observations later, but i do agree with Seanzie. I am curious what will happen.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 1.5.

ExLight
(3) - Storm, Seanzie, Ragnarokio
15377 (1) - SouldAdvent
Mint Elv (1) - Paranoid King
Not voting (8) - Laurentus, KoD, DawningWinds, 15377, EchoLight, Mint, Jinjo, Minish

Phase shortening (1) - Storm
Add Hammer Rules (3) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio, Storm

Phase ends on April 23rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

If hammering Ex ends the game, we should just so it right away. We don't want that to happen on D5 or something.

I'd like to think any reasonably constructed game doesn't have mechanics that just completely screw over the players. I don't really know what to expect to happen if we hammer them, but like Ex deliberately included themselves in the game and so we kinda owe it to our host to explore what idea they came up with for when the host is killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom