• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

No I used it on Rag.
Oh, nice! This links you and Rag together. If one of you is guilty, the other one almost certainly is too. If one is innocent, so is the other. Right now, the two of you are my top suspects, largely because of your reactions toward the Jinjo lynch, so I'd still prefer to vote for one of you, if only to clear or condemn the other person.

One thing that would ease my suspicions is whether you're telling the truth about your role.

Numbers originally bought the alignment cop with more than $1000. One possibility being tossed around was that it was bought using shared money from the mafia, but they claimed that the extra money came from their night action.

They didn't say what their night action was, but implied that earning money was not the main point of the action, but was a reliable side effect.
Secret is such a harsh word. That's my bid. I gain revenue through my night action so asked while submitting if I could use that money on my bid and it was accepted.
You must have missed where I said I had a revenue source. Bidding high is breaking the bank, but the bank isn't going to stay broken. Also I have this nifty thing called an actual role that I can use in the meantime. And it cost $0!

If Dawn were still alive, this would be easy to verify. They had an ability that let them scan how much money a person has remaining, and they had three uses of it lastnight. Were they still alive, they might have scanned Numbers with it and confirmed whether they were telling the truth about their role. They only mentioned it yesterday and were killed that night. Strange that mafia chose to kill them instead of a person with an alignment cop item.

If Numbers told the truth about their purchase, I would imagine their role is either Gambler or Streamer. @15377, can you explain your role?

If so, I'm fine voting for Echolight over Rag/Numbers.

I divided the my actions as twin one being Rag, and twin two being Numbers and PK. The results for twin 1 were Purple, Magenta, and Cyan. From the claims this would be Rag, Numbers, and PK. The results for twin 2 were interesting...

My action failed for twin 2 and I lost my voice. That means that when I am twin 2 I can only post non verbally in thread unless it's to vote/quote something.
Only twin #2 was affected by the action cancellation and silencing. My guess is that this was an action that only hit twin #2, but it could also be a reactive effect.

As some people have guessed, I am the puppeteer. I'm in charge of Socky the Puppet. They're a second character to post with, but they don't have any unique abilities. I didn't do anything to twin #2.

I am indeed the necromancer. By the sounds of it I'd guess minish is our medium. I already soft-claimed my role in the form of the role post. I can visit dead players at night to gain zombie versions of them that have weaker versions of the abilities they had when they were alive. What I didn't claim earlier that I will now is that I can also use the zombies for other miscallaneous things, like stealing player's money or blocking kill attempts on me.

My role overlaps very heavily with minish's claimed role and appears to be significantly weaker. Each of my zombies can only be used two times total, whether for their ability or for a miscallaneous action, and i can't both raise and use zombies in the same night.

Last night I used my triple shot to revive every dead player as a zombie. Zomblaur lets me get a colour result from one player (which may be helpful in combination with minish's role if both of us are telling the truth), Zombinjo lets me poke one or two players at night, and Stormbie lets me double someone's night action. I can use all three of these abilities tonight if i so choose, and will almost certainly use at least stormbie and zomblaur. It might be interesting to double minish's action and then use zomblaur myself to get three more colour results.
This is really cool! I hope you're right. It sounds like if you're telling the truth and on town's team, not only are you literally unkillable by actions, you gain extra abilities every time someone else dies.

However... I can't help but notice that Zombinjo's ability is exactly what they claimed it was in thread, rather than being related to their actual ability. It feels like either you're borrowing from their claim or Ex is.

@15377 For clarity's sake, you're claiming a town result on me?

No. So again, tell me what's good.

If Numbers told the truth about their purchase, I would imagine their role is either Gambler or Streamer. @15377, can you explain your role?

I'm the streamer. I'm not going to go into details about my monetary gains because I don't see it as a positive thing to let the Mafia team know if they can outbid me or not. But I am the reason for the silencing of players. The main reason I took the cop shot from you was to lay a trap. During the night I hyper focused on using it on Ex so that Mafia wouldn't be inclined to outbid me if they thought I was going to use it on the host. I wasn't worried about retaliation from being public because my abilities all revolve around people that target me. Because of the piñata effect I was able to double down on my trap to produce visible results in the form of silenced players, but the main effect I had been planning was a roleblock (the way Ex worded it was it would shut down all actions taken that night). There was the slight pitfall of any town roles trying to protect me getting blocked from using secondary abilities/items but you can't really pre-warn against that without alerting scum to not target you, ya know? Since Rag was my last stated intended target and Rag isn't Mafia it's possible that Mafia didn't feel a need to kill me but still could have tried to use a role function to disrupt me. But we now know that whoever performed the kill last night didn't target me, so that's a nifty piece of information.

So with that said I'd like everybody to sound off with some words. Those that can't are confirmed to have targeted me last night.

PK is the puppet person… wow!

15377 is the Streamer… I do not fully understand this role but it sounds like it was used for good things.

Am I and EchoLight the players that have not yet claimed? I am not a protection role… so it would mean EchoLight is a protection role? Unless there is not one…

15377 is the Streamer… I do not fully understand this role but it sounds like it was used for good things.

Am I and EchoLight the players that have not yet claimed? I am not a protection role… so it would mean EchoLight is a protection role? Unless there is not one…

Basically my role applies effects to people that target me. Normally I can only apply one effect at a time but due to piñata I was able to do extra last night. I applied q roleblock that affected all actions taken by the targeting player (minish's twin 2 is a known target so she wasn't able to get a color read on either me or PK, but twin 1 would have been unaffected). I also applied a semi-silence that makes the target unable to use words/codes (like Morse code) except to vote. Basically they have to mime what they want to say today. I have other effects as well but those are a surprise. :party:

I believe KoD also hasn't claimed anything about his role as well. Seanzie's might be in question if he's silenced. Rag has other stuff she needs to claim.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Are you saying you saw the contents of exlight's role PM?

Also, why did you decide to target soul?
Yes. I have seen ExLights role PM. His wincon is us having fun so no need to worry about the whole lynch or not thing. And yes lynching the host does have negative effects.

It might be an experience thing and obviously I didn’t make it clear in thread before doing it but I was paranoid of Soul. The way they talk about wolves And eating sounds like roleplaying, like they’re just playing a role and are not as inexperienced as they claim about forum mafia. So I chose them to clear my paranoia.

I didn’t use my third shot since I ran out of time deciding since my role literally erases their role PM, so I didn’t want to recklessly use it and yeah just ran out of time.
don't know what ZDI player means exactly but if you mean "someone who has played on zelda dungeon before" then i'm townreading everyone but echo and dawning winds. If ZDI refers to something else then you'll have to explain it to me, I'm not familiar with the acronym.
Zelda dungeon players. ZDI is the term Exlight used so I thought that was the term for here. You had four people that weren’t green on your list. Me, Soul, DW, and Echo. Three of us are not from here.
Dawn were still alive, this would be easy to verify. They had an ability that let them scan how much money a person has remaining, and they had three uses of it lastnight. Were they still alive, they might have scanned Numbers with it and confirmed whether they were telling the truth about their role. They only mentioned it yesterday and were killed that night. Strange that mafia chose to kill them instead of a person with an alignment cop item.

If so, I'm fine voting for Echolight over Rag/Numbers.
Do you think it’s possible that mafia has a rolecop type of role of some kind and used it and knew it was too risky to let DW live because he could scan money amounts?
No. So again, tell me what's good.
Rag isn't Mafia
So Rag isn’t town but isn’t mafia? Are they an indep then?

It’s possible there isn’t since the game is basically rng central.

Basically my role applies effects to people that target me. Normally I can only apply one effect at a time but due to piñata I was able to do extra last night. I applied q roleblock that affected all actions taken by the targeting player (minish's twin 2 is a known target so she wasn't able to get a color read on either me or PK, but twin 1 would have been unaffected). I also applied a semi-silence that makes the target unable to use words/codes (like Morse code) except to vote. Basically they have to mime what they want to say today. I have other effects as well but those are a surprise. :party:

I believe KoD also hasn't claimed anything about his role as well. Seanzie's might be in question if he's silenced. Rag has other stuff she needs to claim.

Hah, so if Seanzie targeted you, he will have to explain why he tried limiting the night actions to just you two instead. It doesn’t sound like anyone was just roleblocked, so it’s possible your role is what made Seanzie unable to roleblock anyone - because you blocked it yourself by him targeting you.

Oh yeah, his flavor cop was from the market.

MintElv knows my role, and, well, it’s definitely not a scum rolE.

So it’s EchoLight and… Seanzie.

Any other ideas?

I should probably ask since, maybe, it's relevant and I never did bother reading what he claimed.

What, exactly, did Seanzie claim?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I should probably ask since, maybe, it's relevant and I never did bother reading what he claimed.

What, exactly, did Seanzie claim?

modified lightning rod, basically. He said that he targets someone at night and then everyone in the thread is told their only legal targets that night are seanzie and the person he targeted, iirc.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Yes. I have seen ExLights role PM. His wincon is us having fun so no need to worry about the whole lynch or not thing. And yes lynching the host does have negative effects.

Did you also see soul's?

Zelda dungeon players. ZDI is the term Exlight used so I thought that was the term for here. You had four people that weren’t green on your list. Me, Soul, DW, and Echo. Three of us are not from here.

the only "native" ZD players in this game might be minish and echo. most of the people who play mafia on ZD come from other sites, myself included. The amount of experience people have playing on here varies from person to person though.

So Rag isn’t town but isn’t mafia? Are they an indep then?

That's correct. I'm self-aligned and my win-con is to be alive at the end of the game. Whoever bought the role-cop can presumably confirm this tonight if they want. I've been playing as if i were town and intend to continue to.

I initially thought that minish got three different colours because her targets were town, self, and mafia but i asked exlight for clarification on the copy of the role i received from laur and ex said that every player in the game has their own colour, so the role is probably useless. There might be some significance to which colour is assigned to which player but its unlikely we'd get enough information over the course of a game for that puzzle to be solvable, and even then its possible the entire thing is a red herring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom