• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Also why announce that you're buying it? It just outs that "hey I have this investigative role" to scum. Like it'd maybe be worse if you bought the watcher because that's probably a bigger threat, but I think the post said buying is conducted privately so there was no reason to announce this.

Did you not read my post?

It's a courtesy call to whoever the scum player is that I out and ruin.

Like, I don't know how I can make that any clearer.

Am I a joke to you?

Did you not read my post?

It's a courtesy call to whoever the scum player is that I out and ruin.

Like, I don't know how I can make that any clearer.

Am I a joke to you?
I just don't understand how you expect to use the flavorcop to out scum in a game where the information it gives you has around a 0% chance of actually telling you anything solid about their alignment, or if you do have a plan to do this why you would out the existence of such a plan.

Yeah, no, you're certainly treating me like a joke. Not only that, but why would I go further into detail for you since you're already curious about the why I would talk about it in the first place?

Like, do you not see how scummy that is? Or, rather, are you that worried about being my prime suspect that I'm about to trigger your demise?

Because I can't fathom why you'd pursue that which you question in the first place.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
An item has been sold.
A Toy Magnifying Glass was purchased on April 21st, 3:36 AM (GMT-3).

oop, quick errata in case anyone saw me goofing for a few seconds, but the correct sold item is the magnifying glass (flavor cop)

Votecount 1.1.
ExLight
(1) - Storm
Not voting (12) - Laurentus, KoD, Rag, DawningWinds, 15377, Seanzie, SoulAdvent, EchoLight, Mint, Jinjo, Minish, Paranoid King

Phase shortening (1) - Storm

Last edited:
Yeah, no, you're certainly treating me like a joke. Not only that, but why would I go further into detail for you since you're already curious about the why I would talk about it in the first place?
Fair, explaining how the plan works could well hinder said plan. But announcing it in the first place is already kinda hindering it? Since the scum your trying to out know you at least think you have a way to do so involving the flavorcop, and the flavorcop is one shot, they can just try and lay low and not draw your attention until you've used it?

Like, do you not see how scummy that is?
I admit I can see how pressing you to explain your plan could be seen as scummy, since it could hinder the plan by giving scum the knowledge to play around it, but questioning your decision to make a questionable decision is not scummy. You revealing the fact that you think you can out scum using the flavourcop is a questionable decision; it doesn't give scum all the necessary knowledge to play around it, but it gives them some. You might be seen as making empty threats by scum, but if not you could also become a target for the nightkill before you can carry the plan out due to revealing its existence.

I'm excited! This seems like it'll be a fun game, and I love hidden roles.

I suspect KoD doesn't want their own role outed, and is going ham about identifying other people to cover that up. Therefore, I can only conclude that KoD is...

The Betrayer!

(That being the most ominous sounding role.)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
hi friends

i'm hungry

I suspect KoD doesn't want their own role outed, and is going ham about identifying other people to cover that up. Therefore, I can only conclude that KoD is...

The Betrayer!
How seriously am I supposed to take this post?

I can see how buying flavourcop could be indicative that KoD doesn't want his role revealed, not because he's making such a show about announcing it though, simply just because it denies other people who could use it on him access to the ability, meaning it can't be used to buy the role; I don't see this as likely to be his sole motivation, though, because then it would be equally effective to just quietly buy the magnifying glass without letting people know that he's the one who did so.

I can also see how buying the flavour cop could be scum indicative; due to its unlikelyhood of being able to identify people's alignments, and the possibility that it can't be used to catch Mafia in a lie, it ends up most likely being more useful to scum than to town, as it might have some use for identifying threatening roles, depending on what's contained in that "brief description". But again, if he were scum buying the magnifying glass for its use in that, not making this show feels more logical unless he has some specific secondary plan related to doing.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i doubt we can infer alignment from rolenames, only mechanics (and even then it'll require a lot of guesswork presumably)

the magnifying glass is thus probably better for scum, but i think KoD buying it is more or less NAI. I would think the watcher one-shot would be the more appealing investigative option for town

Ultimately at this point, I think he's probably more likely to be town who thinks he'll get something out of pulling this show for some reason that doesn't make sense to me, simply because I don't see what the point of doing so would be if he's scum. If he can't follow through on the threat there's a decent chance people call him scum later, putting him at a much greater risk of being voted out.

Ragnarokio

thinking about it more, its always equally in town and scum's interest to buy a given item, since the more an item is worth to town, the more money scum will be willing to spend to prevent town from getting it, and vice-versa. This might change depending on how the money mechanic develops though. There's a role called marketeer (potentially) in the game and i would guess this mechanic is centered around them.

How seriously am I supposed to take this post?

Not very. I'm just tossing around ideas I haven't seen discussed yet. I'm running off of the same information you are.

I think being very vocal about scanning someone is a good idea. It starts a discussion about being scanned, and someone acting too nervous or too cavalier about being scanned might be a good target to get interesting info from. I don't think it'll be very effective, but even a small hint is better than nothing on the first day.

There's a role called marketeer (potentially) in the game and i would guess this mechanic is centered around them.
Probably. The gambler is another one that might require money, but I think marketeer is more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom