• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
in theory my bonus votes constitute an ability to kill people, or at least constitute my only way to win in parity, and if i'm doing particularly well i can force a win from less than parity. I think my role stands a poor chance of winning because i need to avoid being nightkilled or mislynched until every other player is lynched, which takes a long time. It does have built in tools to avoid being night killed or mislynched though, so that offsets it.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ragnarokio would have benefitted from being more pro-Town, and if she went against Jinjo she might have been able to live long enough before her secret of her Independence was out.

i was honestly playing towards a town wincon until the final night. The reason i ultimately voted seanzie over jinjo was because i felt he had a higher chance of flipping scum. I did not play a very good town game despite my efforts.

in theory my bonus votes constitute an ability to kill people, or at least constitute my only way to win in parity, and if i'm doing particularly well i can force a win from less than parity. I think my role stands a poor chance of winning because i need to avoid being nightkilled or mislynched until every other player is lynched, which takes a long time. It does have built in tools to avoid being night killed or mislynched though, so that offsets it.

I disagree about the poor chances of winning. Suspicion was put on you based on your in-thread behavior, and you were confirmed Independent from a Mafia's cop check that was put on you because of Independent suspicion. The only roles that could have revealed you were the cop check, role cop and Mint Elv's role, and even then you could purchase roles to counter that, or use, say, Seanzie's bullfighter role if the need arose. If you acted very pro-Town, you would have avoided kills from the Mafia thanks to your role. At best I would have given you all the roles that did not make it in the game like how ExLight did to the Mafia so you could have more fakeclaim breathing room.

i was honestly playing towards a town wincon until the final night. The reason i ultimately voted seanzie over jinjo was because i felt he had a higher chance of flipping scum. I did not play a very good town game despite my efforts.

Tough luck in that case :(, you might have won from not being revealed as an Independent sooner, or Mafia not buying the check really.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I think the main difference between BeP and the Piñata is that it was more balanced due to Town not having to fear an extra Night Kill for free, and due to quite a few of the roles being ambiguous such as the synesthete or causing ambiguity such as the twins or john doe (and some not even benefittable from it like the items and passives) so it was a lot less punishing than princess, in a weird way actually even having a reason for town to actually trigger the mislynch to mess around a bit

The synesthete was actually one of town's main investigative weapons, since it basically grows exponentially stronger as people claim their actions since it can allow players to figure out pretty much every action in the game for sure on the long run
it's a bit of a shame it didn't get its chance to shine, but honestly it just was useless because it died early on

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Also a few fun facts:

- When developing the game I also wanted to punish the player that ended up with the least money or negative money but ended up going against it since it could be frustrating for some, or make them afraid to use the market/auction mechanic.

- Some of the scrapped roles that actually had some concepts ready were: Betrayer, Wiretapper, Prodigy, and Matchmaker (previously Cupid). Had the setup made to 17p, the remaining four would've probably been these, with one of them possibly being swapped out for a mix of Jester and Survivor.

- Roles have been thought out mainly in early 2020, being refined around march 2021, and once more after the signs were up. That's over two years already, geez.

The beloved princess and Reporter I know are pretty different from those roles. And I'm assuming you meant the Piñata for the BeP?

Ohh right, the Beloved Princess skips the phase, not delays the death. I forgot what the name of the death delay role is though, I only met it once or twice.

Reporter is different yeah but it's the host posting the comments of the original person instead of the original person using a different account.

Ragnarokio

I disagree about the poor chances of winning. Suspicion was put on you based on your in-thread behavior, and you were confirmed Independent from a Mafia's cop check that was put on you because of Independent suspicion. The only roles that could have revealed you were the cop check, role cop and Mint Elv's role, and even then you could purchase roles to counter that, or use, say, Seanzie's bullfighter role if the need arose. If you acted very pro-Town, you would have avoided kills from the Mafia thanks to your role. At best I would have given you all the roles that did not make it in the game like how ExLight did to the Mafia so you could have more fakeclaim breathing room.

i think in order to win i'd probably need to survive 6 lynches and 5 nightkills? I can use extra votes to save myself from a lynch in some situations and likewise from nightkills but not without cost. Statistically speaking its just unlikely for any given player to make it to the end of the game, and thats a requirement for winning in my case. I would guess survivors have a ~1/3 winrate and i wouldn't expect my winrate to be much better, if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom