• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Ex Post Facto Game Design: Miyamoto Takes a Different Approach

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Behold, my first ZD thread (be nice)

So, as I was stabbing Shadow Link in the face this morning, I got to thinking... What, you don't indulge in introspection while committing digital violence? Whatever.

1986: Shigeru Miyamoto is contemplating his fundamental redesign of the Legend of Zelda. I, having mastered time travel and projection into the human subconscious, I show him a vision. (This is my hypothetical. I can combine Dr. Who and Inception if I want to). Instead of what we know as the Adventure of Link, I reveal glimpses of Link's Awakening. Based on this, he decides to create a true sequel to The Legend of Zelda.

What does that game look like? How does it affect the future of the series?

Discuss.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The most important thing is having played LoZ and LttP. I was interested in what people thought a traditional 2D Zelda game would look like as a stopgap between the two and how that might affect the series at large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom