• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Evolutions of Enemies

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Okay, I know Zelda is a complete work of Fantasy, but what if the enemies had actually eveolved from animals in our world today? What would those animals be?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Pigblins would be pigs. Moblins would be boars. Wolfos would be wolves. Lizfos would be lizards. Keese would be bats. All of the birdlike monsters would be bird.

BoxTar

Pigblins would be pigs. Moblins would be boars. Wolfos would be wolves. Lizfos would be lizards. Keese would be bats. All of the birdlike monsters would be bird.
......so basic. How about complicated ones, like skulltulas? Or those jumping four legged creatures on Death Mountain in OoT?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
How about complicated ones, like skulltulas? Or those jumping four legged creatures on Death Mountain in OoT?

Skulltullas would be spiders and the hopping things would be those bugs that hop around on water except they evolved to a point where they could be on land.

......so basic.

Don't talk down to me because the answers were "basic"

You asked a question and i answered so don't criticize.

BoxTar

Skulltullas would be spiders and the hopping things would be those bugs that hop around on water except they evolved to a point where they could be on land.

Don't talk down to me because the answers were "basic"

You asked a question and i answered so don't criticize.
I apologize...that was rude of me.

How about Octoroks? Either the ones on land or sea. Personally, I think the ones on land are just eveolved versions of their sea counterparts.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoxTar

o.K., those are some easy ones. Now for the tough ones. Bosses. Obviously, Gohma would be an arachnid of some kind, but what about Dodongos? The thing in Jabu-Jabu is some kind of belly virus, and Phantom ganon is a Phantom. Volvagia is a dragon, What about the water temple boss (drawing a blank on it's name), Twinrova is a gerudo, and Bongo-Bongo? Probably a ghost or demon of some kind.

O.K, that wasn't really difficult. Dodongos, now that I think about it are probably just hyperevolved lizards, and the things in the Cave of Dodongos, those lizards with knifes? Probably just evolved lizards with knives, dang it, I am answering all my own questions!!!

But the origin of the Water Temple Boss (Still drawing a blank), thatone is an interesting one. Also, the Chus and....(dang, I am not good with names today), those plants you see in the Trail to the Deku Tree.

A lot of questions and words, I know, but try to read thoughrouly.

Kazumi

chagy
Hrmm.. Well, this is really quite easy. Lizalfos are Lizards, same with Dynolafos (Sp?). Skulltullas would be spiders, same with Tektites. Moblins would be Boars/Bull Dogs. ChuChus would be slugs. Dodongos are Lizards, Morpha would be... A... Water Snake. Yes. A Water Snake. Octoroks would be.. Fish maybe. Stalfos would be undead as Charge has said. Deku Babas would just be plants, maybe that plant that eats bugs.. (Name?) Poes would be.. Ghosts I guess. Most of the Zelda enemies are based on animals in the real world, I suppose.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Hrmm.. Well, this is really quite easy. Lizalfos are Lizards, same with Dynolafos (Sp?). Skulltullas would be spiders, same with Tektites. Moblins would be Boars/Bull Dogs. ChuChus would be slugs. Dodongos are Lizards, Morpha would be... A... Water Snake. Yes. A Water Snake. Octoroks would be.. Fish maybe. Stalfos would be undead as Charge has said. Deku Babas would just be plants, maybe that plant that eats bugs.. (Name?) Poes would be.. Ghosts I guess. Most of the Zelda enemies are based on animals in the real world, I suppose.

Most of those were already said. Did you read my first post?

I'm pretty sure that when you fight the water temple boss, Morpha, under the bosses name it says "Amoeba" which is a living thing so i would guess that's what it evolves from.

Queen Gohma would be from a spider. =D I'm so smart!

This, too, has already been said. Do you guys read the previous posts before posting?

Claire

The Geekette
This is actually quite a neat thread, because through the series we have seen both simple and complex changes in monsters. We've gone from a very basic Gleeok, and were later introduced to a creature called a Gleerok. Octoroks had once been only land monsters, which later developed into monsters which can survive in the water. The Big Octos and Big Octorok were also discovered within the series overtime, and I do not doubt that there will be even more changes in the future.

Speaking of wich, this may sound dumb, but the Dodongos spit fire and that remind me of Dragons, yeah Dragons doesn't exist, moving on, I read that the idea of Dragons came out of reptiles and even dinosaurs skeletons, so if Dragons were real I think the Dodongo would be the closest to them, without the western exaggerations like wings.

Volvagia remind me too of a dragon, but the Easter culture one, like Chinese, so slim, reddish, with no wings, two front paws... the only difference is that the Chinese Dragons are supposed to bring good luck and good future to whoever come across one, and this one is actually evil.

I am glad we also saw a wester Dragon and fought it in TP, it was really cool. So close to what we imagine when we think in dragons.

I think as some people said most of them aren't that hard to figure out because they resemble a lot our world creatures. The Deku Baba remind me of the plants that eat flies.

The bosses usually implies in their introducing name what they are, specially in OoT. :(

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think that the plants that you run into on the way to the Deku Tree are more like the plants that eat flies.

For the record, those plants are called Venus Fly Traps.

I think they are still called deku babas too! Thanks for the name, I don't really know what they are called, specially in English. I just wanted to get the idea across.

I think a hard one would the creatures that seem made of lava that falls from the roof in some parts of the Goron mines of Twilight Princess. I don't know if they stay there like bats, or are just up there because they are 'sticky' like snails. Heheh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom