• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever Tried to Spread the "Zelda Gospel?"

What I mean is, have you ever tried to get any of your friends to play/become fans of tLOZ, and if so, what were the results? (So sorry if this has already been posted...)

I'm bugging my friend into beating WW (the only Zelda game she already owns). She's been stuck in the Forbidden Forest for a while, but hey, at least I got her to turn on her GC since leaving it in the dust for...how many years?

Yes. I struck a deal with a friend of mine that if I got into Dr. Who after being exposed to her love of it, then I'd try to get her into Zelda. I have yet to begin, but I love Dr. Who now and plan to lend her TP and OoT. Another friend of mine has been nagged for a while by me, and eventually got OoT3D for Christmas, as well as LA and the original. She's into it now.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Yes I have, quite a few times actually. Although my friend's not a hardcore fan, she enjoys watching me play the games. I've let her play my copy of Skyward Sword, and she fell in love with the game. She's also watched me play Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. Another one of my friends is already a Zelda fan, but we unfortunately don't talk that much anymore. All of my other friends could care less about the series, to be honest.

Creative thread title you got there... :yes:

Well, I have been trying to coerce my mother-in-law, who's already a Zelda fan, into beating Ocarina of Time. She's been procrastinating a lot, though, and professes that she's "still stuck inside the Duku tree." It has been ten years now, and she it is highly probable that she is still stuck. Perhaps I should call her to see where she's at, and maybe try to motivate her to fight on...

inb4 david comes off his mission just to tell is this is sacrilege.

Also, nope. I don't play Zelda all that often and certainly don't talk about Zelda games in public. I just play them in my basement when there's nothing else to do and let my video game life and public life be completely separate.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The majority of people I interact with in the world out there don't play video games

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmmm interesting title we have here lol xD

Not really haha! None of my friends prob have never heard of Zelda nor they do own a Nintendo console haha!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Managed to get my cousin to become a fan. The only game he had played was WW and he figured Zelda wasn't for him, but after getting OoT, he fell in love.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've kinda gotten my 11-year-old cousin into it. I sometimes let her play through my copy of Ocarina of Time 3D, and I've let her play though my copy of Skyward Sword too. She likes it a lot, but I highly doubt she'd go out of her way to get a copy of a Zelda game for herself at this point.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, I introduced both my nieces to OoT and whenever I'm visiting they both want to borrow my 3DS and play OoT. They haven't completely gotten into the story and gameplay, right now they are more about riding around and exploring the world, but I think eventually they might want to try and play it for real :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Not sure if this counts or not...

My friend was a Zelda "fan" for several years more than I. Despite, I managed to have 9 games of the series beat (at the time), and he had a whooping record of zero. None. Not a single game. He's said to have played the games, but was yet to beat any. Got him to sit on his arse and play them probably. One year later, and he's got Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time beat. 13 to go!

Nah, not really, my gf was already a big fan and most of my friends know it and love it too, though i seem to be the one into it most so I do try to egg them on to play more if there are any games they haven't played, just so i can chat about it more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes to my brother but nope he didn't want to give it a try so I gave up. Besides that I only made two persons I met online to finish OoT. One never beated the Forest Temple so I guided him and the other one was a girl who never past the Gerudo Valley sidequest with the carpenters so I helped her and gave her some directions.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Yep, to some of my friends who've never touched the series. One in particular is a big-time Mass Effect fan, so I tried striking a deal with him that if I played through the Mass Effect games he'd go through either Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time. He didn't bite, saying he just doesn't like the "stupid kiddie graphics." I almost strangled him right then and there.

I've spread it around to my other family members more successfully, though. My big brother and little sister are both pretty hardcore Zelda fans as well, bit it's take my coercion for them to play through and finish Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, respectively. I've also been trying to get my brother to play Majora's Mask, though with little luck. And my mom and dad have finally gotten Link's name right after all this time, they've finally stopped calling him Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom