• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever Had Delayed Onset Buyers Remorse?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm sure at some stage you've bought a game expecting it to be good and then as soon as you start playing you realise it is a piece of crap. Four Swords Adventures springs to mind... However after reading @BoxTar's blogs, where I read the tragic tale of how after purchasing the game -which he praised initially- he realises too late that he doesn't like it.

I want to know if this phenomenon has happened to any other unfortunate forum dwellers. Ever had it where a game has seemed good at first but later you realise it's actually **** or that it just gets progressively worse after a strong start. If this has happened to you what were the offending games?

I can usually tell whats gonna be good and whats gonna be bad. I do research before i buy so i like to think i'm always well versed on what should have my money.

However therr are franchises i like that i've followed for a while where my love for them influences my decision to buy what i can see is probably a bad game.

Its happened a few times. Sonic Colours i bought because a lot of people raved about it and i wanted to see if they were lying (they were, in my opinion, its okay but its not good and if thats good for Sonic then thats just tragic), other more important games to me were Tales of Zestiria, i had my doubts about it, it looked flawed, looked like it was getting a lot wrong but i didnt want it to be so.... but it was, i waited for it to get better but it never did and i ended up regretting it.

The worst though was Metroid Other M. Again i could tell that he game was off, it wasnt gonna be great, itwasnt what i wanted and everything id seen of it was a slap in the face for the series... but in 25 years Metroid hadnt put foot wrong so i bought Other M and had my heart broken.

Now, ive sworn to only play the next Metroid game if the series either reboots or doesnt consider Other M canon.

Last edited:
Yes.

Waracraft 3 and expansion. Bought both and both were hot garbage. Total crap. Objectively worse than Warcraft 2. I didn't know this till I bought it though.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I wrote the follow up blog in a fit of rage, so maybe I'll go back and finish it.

But it still stands that the game pissed me off, and thus, even if I finish it, I'll have that bitter taste in my mouth of that time where I got caught in a battle I didn't want to be in and I couldn't ****ing run because the game has **** design.

yeah the salt will always be there, no matter how good the ending is. an unfortunate effect of buyer's remorse.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dark Souls 1 2 and 3
Zelda TPHD
Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Oh and my 97 nissan maxima

Zelda Windwaker is total buyers remorse if you paid full price for it. That's exactly why I bought the GC and the WiiU versions both on sale. About $30 each. I refused to pay full price for it. Totally not worth full price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom