• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever Had An Innovative Idea?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Have you ever considered a device or idea that would be ideal for certain situations? Was there an invention that you thought was uninteresting or ineffective, and that you figured could be improved in any sort of way? If so, how would this apparatus/concept make something that's already been done even better, even if theoretically?

One thing I've always deemed beneficial is tires entirely made of rubber. That is, there's not a simple layer with an inner tube and air within the outer tires. Instead the whole tire would be a block of rubber around the rim, inside and out. This makes sense to me because it would drastically cut down flats and blowouts. Only problem I can foresee is the tire itself being loads heavier, but it still couldn't rupture as easily as the ones we have today.

What about you? Any innovative ideas you can think of?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Fair point with the flimsy tires.

Yeah but I'm to paranoid to post much here. All I can say is that my email address is a direct reference to an old idea of mine to use H30+ and HO- reactions to produce energy.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
But the problem with sole rubber tire is that the journey would be more uncomfortable due to increased shaking/vibration. The air has a function after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom