• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever feel like a bad gaming fan?

We all like our favourite video game franchises for different reasons, be it story or gameplay.

But when youre a part of a fanbase the majority can often make you feel like a minority or 'bad fan' if you like something for a reason not many others do.

For example, i'm a Zelda fan but i hate dungeons. I really do, i find them interesting but as soon as i'm in one i instantly want out. I dont like being stuck in one place for too long, they make me feel very claustrophobic and if i get stuck in one i wont feel compelled to move on.

This is why Wind Waker and BotW are games i really like in the series. Few dungeons, big overworlds with a lot of busy work outside of the dungeons.

Yet the big criticisms here are that WW and BotW didnt have enough dungeons and that the dungeons sucked to begin with. I actually like WW's dungeons for the most part. They're quite varied even within themselves, such as the ourdoor sections on Dragonroost.

BotW's dungeons i'm meh on but i love there was only four.... i'd have been happy with three, honestly.

Anyway, which franchises do you like for reasons against the majority? Do you feel like a minority for liking elements of said games that few other people seem to?

Has this led you to have favourite games in a franchise that the majority dont consider the best or even good?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm here on a Zelda site and I don't even like the majority of the games in the series. But that doesn't actually seem uncommon. We have such a divided fanbase that there is not such a strong majority opinion on anything and you will always find those who will openly agree with you, even those who are disgusting Twilight Princess haters can find others willing to agree with them on their wrong opinions.

I'm not really a big enough fan of any other franchise which I have an unpopular opinion on or would even know that my opinion is unpopular on that would make me feel like a bad fan.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Much of why I play/like Splatoon (1 or 2) is because I am crazy freaking good at it. Other than that, it's just kinda meh (Although Grizzco is AMAZING)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom