• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Evanescence

Kybyrian

What's with these people liking bands who dress up funny and look goth but sometimes really aren't? D:

I don't like Evanescence, but meh, I know a lot of people who do. I seem to not like a lot of things.

Never heard of them. Then again, I don't listen to music really, so I wouldn't. 9 out of 10 bands you name I've probably not heard of.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I have their first CD, 'Fallen'

I enjoyed the album and I still listen to it once in awhile. I actually listened to it earlier today. I played a song from them on the video stream when we were playing 'Name that Song/Artist'. Hehe.

Their music is a bit on the depressing side, but that's fine with me. There are these different genres for a reason. Bring Me To Life is a controversial song too, since many believe the lyrics are influenced from religion, and it gathered a following from the Alternative Rock / Metal Christian audience. The band said it was about 'Opening Up Your Mind', but nonetheless, that is the beauty of this type of music. It means something different from one person to another.

How is their second album, in relation to their first album? I haven't heard it, nor do I know any of the singles from it.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Either way you define it is still a huge steaming pile of horse crap.

You dont know what you are talking about then. Next time dont say bad things about bands before you listen to them.

I myself dont really like this band. But.. its not bad musik. just not my thing I guess ^^

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Ahhh, Evanescence. Their music is maddeningly addictive. I don't particularly like it, it just gets stuck in the head until you want to drill into your brain and try to thump it out.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
How is their second album, in relation to their first album? I haven't heard it, nor do I know any of the singles from it.

It has the same "gothique flair" that is the Evanescence that we love,
but it's more on the artistic side. "Snow White Queen" my personal favorite is about being stalked and ulitiamtely raped, so it's safe to assume that Amy is going for an even darker tone.

Call Me When You're Sober, was written about her ex...trivia! yay! :P

M

Midna's Helper

Evanescence is one of my most FAVORITE bands EVER!!!
I LOVE them. My favorite song is Imaginary!

Not only is Amy Lee hot but she has one hell of a voice. Evanescence is a very good band....althought The Open door was not as good as Fallen.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Not only is Amy Lee hot but she has one hell of a voice. Evanescence is a very good band....althought The Open door was not as good as Fallen.

I agree here, to a point. I think that they are both grand albums, but I do perfer to listen to Fallen over The Open Door.

But my favorite song is a b-side, Farther Away, and it wasn't on any album besides Origin, their third EP in limited release before Fallen.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I might look for the Fallen CD. Or listen to samples from iTunes and then buy it from Apple for my iPod. It would be cheaper that way. I remember one song I do like off that album but I cant remember what its called. It sounds very metalish though ^^

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Evanescence is AWESOME!! I love all of their songs. They rock! Amy Lee has an amazing voice that you don't hear too often. Bring me to life is my favorite also.

I love Evanescence, I like basically all of their songs (Maybe an exception here and there but there is always one song I don't like with each and every band I listen to.

My favourite song is either Going Under (Which is a dark song in my opinion) or Wake me Up Inside (Even though this is not as dark as Going Under in my opinion I still like it).

I think there is only one dong of theirs I don't like, Can't quite remember what that song was called though, I think it was the song with the Music video by the pool/fountain but I am sure it was not that.....nevermind.

I want to get as many of Evanescene's albums as I can since I only really started listening to them recently.

Last edited:
M

:.:Mikki:.:

The only Evanesence album I have is Fallen.

Pretty great band. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom