• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

EV/IV Training

EV/IV Training?

• It's cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use it a lot.

• I occasionally use it.

• I like the idea but never use it.

• I hate it.

• What?

• Total voters

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I do like to use EV training on some of my Pokémon (especially since they added Super Training), but honestly I don't do it that much. For the main game which I'm still playing, it's not really that important.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
EV training/IV breeding is fairly straightforward and almost essential if you want to play competitively. Luckily, with the advent of XY, both of them became a lot easier through super training, hordes and the friend safari/destiny knot.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Can someone explain EV/IV training for me? I know there's Google, but I'm lazy and it would save a lot of time for people reading through this thread that aren't sure what it is.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Is like them more if they were more visable

If you're playing X/Y, EVs can be seen in an approximate value on the "Super Training Screen".

super-training-graph-300x228.jpg

Sheik

:the:
I like EVs and IVs and I think they are really cool ideas. Howver, I didn't use them until X&Y where I decided I should have the speediest f***ing Talonflame of all time.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I utilize EV/IV training occasionally. I really like the idea of it, how I can mold my mon's stats however I want, but the amount of effort that goes into doing it (pre-X&Y) made it such that I only went full-force with it on a select few. I'd give Macho Braces and such to my mons and feed them vitamins occasionally for the general cast, because why not? However, I only bother breeding for specific natures and IV values & train in EV hotspots for those I plan to fight with competitively.

I also don't usually bother with it if it's my first time through or if I'm doing something like a Nuzlocke run, rather I just let the chips fall where they may.

I like the idea, since molding your Pokemon into your own personal engines of destruction is a nice touch to say the least, but I never use it. I'm a busy guy. I have a job, a girlfriend, outside obligations, a future to build, books to write, friends to visit... I really don't feel like spending all the time and effort to individually ensure each of my Pokemon only fight very specific opponents. That's essentially the opposite of relaxation and, to me at least, turns Pokemon into a chore instead of a fun game.

If you're playing competitively, I'm sure it gives you a nice edge. I never play competitively, though (personally, I don't think Pokemon's even cut out for that sort of thing, really), so I ignore EVs and IVs generally. I wouldn't mind it if they revamped the system so assigning those values wasn't so much of a headache, but I'm not really willing to put in that effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom