• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Etrian Odyssey: Guardians of Peace SU THREAD

Elementic

please play etrian odyssey
Five hundred years ago, a strange tree appeared. This tree housed a labyrinth, and changed every five floors.

The queen of the land proposed a challenge-anyone to reach the top of the labyrinth and uncover the truth of it's appearance would receive great fame and rewards. Adventurers came from all over the land to climb the labyrinth, now named Yggdrasil.

Many moons passed, and one day, a team of famous explorers reached the top. When they did, a creature with the strength of a god descended. It was determined to destroy the labyrinth and the town that surrounded it, and eventually, everything that existed in this world.

The explorers attempted to fight the god, but began to lose soon into the battle. As a last resort, the explorers sealed themselves, and in turn, sealed the god. The townsfolk began to praise the group as saviors, and made shrines dedicated to them.

This legend has been told for years and years. However, nobody knows how true it is...

Another challenge has been posed to climb the labyrinth. Will you take it?

Setting

The story takes place in the town of Covenio. This city is centered around the labyrinth it is famous for, and has a large inn, a palace, and even an outdoor market. It even has a tavern!

The Yggdrasil Labyrinth is located in the center of the city. It goes up and up, and changes scenery and enemies every 5 floors. The first part is a generic forest appearance.

Important NPCs

Grand Duchess Fiorentina: The leader of the city. She lives in the palace with her closest assistants, and is a beautiful and kind woman who cares a lot for her city and the people within it. However, she seems to be hiding something...

Marco Kadenza: One of the two close assistants to the Grand Duchess, and an expert Scythemaster. Marco is a confident, flirtatious boy who loves to fight, saying that it 'gives him entertainment'. He is very close to the duchess, almost enough to be considered her son. But recently, some rumors have been going around because of his similer appearance to the prince of a kingdom that existed 500 years ago.

Partha: One of the two close assistants to the Grand Duchess, and a well-known Nightseeker. Partha is the one to keep Marco in check, and often calls him out on his flirting attempts, but truly does care about him, and considers him her brother.

Verna: The daughter of the local innkeeper, and the person who checks people in. She's pretty protective, and gets worried when any explorers go out on big missions and stuff like that.

Jun: The server at the Wolfhood Tavern. Not only does he serve drinks and food, but he also is the provider of any quests that people post on the tavern's bulletin board.

Kirion: The local blacksmith. He works at the outdoor market, and is well known for his ability to fuse weapons and armor with special items.

Classes

Landsknecht: The 'warrior' class. They use swords, rapiers, and axes, are well-rounded statewise, and mainly use strong physical attacks and a few buffs. They work best in the front line.

Protector: The class that exists to act is a last pillar of support. They use swords and maces, are good in HP and defense, and can learn skills that increase the group's defense, as well as protect them from debuffs or bad status afflictions. They work best in the front line.

Medic: This class specializes in healing the party and putting bad status afflictions on enemies. They wield staffs and maces, are good in HP and TP, and can heal, debuff, and afflict statuses. They are frail, however, so they work better in the back line.

Runemaster: The class that works best with ranged spells and shields. They use staffs and daggers, are good in Intelligence and TP, and use elemental spells and barriers.

Sniper: Ones in this class work best with ranged piercing attacks. They use bows and throwable daggers, are good in speed and accuracy, and can learn ranged bow techniques that can pierce through an enemy's defense.

Nightseeker: These ninja-like fighters can inflict status problems. They use daggers and rapiers, are good in speed and evasion, and use their skills to inflict statuses on the enemies, and once strong enough, can even instantly kill them.

Arcanist: This class is made up of strange human-like creatures called Vessels. They use rapiers and staffs, are good in TP and intelligence, and use magic circles to hurt enemies and heal allies.

Scythemaster*: A group that is unique to the town of Covenio. They use scythes and swords, are good in HP and speed, and can fill their scythes with magical energy to influence the attacks that they use.

Priest*: Another Convenio-unique class. They use staffs and bows, are good in intelligence and TP, and can create barriers that both add to defense, and deflect/counter attacks.

*This class is fanmade.

Important Terms

F.O.E.: Stands for 'Formido Oppugnatura Exsequens'. These are powerful enemies that should never be taken lightly. Some will follow a specific path of walking, some will chase someone when seen, and some flee from a person, but then ambush them while they are fighting something else.

Team Attacks: If the entire group prepares, they can use a Team Attack from the ones they have in the roster. Over time, the group will gain new TAs, from completing quests, finding them in treasure chests, or progressing in the story.

Void Attacks: A new type. These attacks draw not from the elements, but from the aura that surrounds everything. These attacks are pretty strong, and can only be wielded by a Scythemaster or a Priest. However, some TAs have this for their type as well.

Sign-up Sheet

Name: Obvious

Class: Any of the classes listed above are acceptable.

Appearance: Pictures are good, otherwise 1 paragraph.

Personality: 1 paragraph

History: 2 paragraphs

Other: Anything else that isn't covered anywhere else in the SU.

Additional Info

All players start out with the the first skills they can get in the game without upgrading other ones, as well as first attacking spells for Scythemasters and Runemasters. For example, a Runemaster would have all the skills that begin the skill tree, as well as the Fireball, Ice Lance, and Lightning runes. However, Arcanists will not start out with Dismiss Blow.

At certain points, I will say when a character can either upgrade a skill they already have, or learn a new one.

The battles will sometimes involve me having the group choose options, and then choosing one depending on how many votes the options get. This could involve fleeing, using a Team Attack, or other things.

For the Scythemaster Skilltree
Fire Fusion(allows fire attacks, lasts for 5 posts by the user)-------Flame Slash(fire cut attack to one enemy, small chance of burn)-------Blaze Wave(fire cut attack to all enemies, half chance of burn)-------Bonfire Barrage(powerful fire attack to all enemies, often burns)

Ice Fusion(allows ice attacks, lasts for 5 posts by the user)-------Freeze Slash(ice cut attack to one enemy, small chance of freeze)-------Iceburg Wave(ice cut attack to all enemies, half chance of freeze)-------Glacier Smasher(powerful ice attack to all enemies, often freezes)

Lightning Fusion(allows lightning attacks, lasts for 5 posts by the user)-------Bolt Slash(lightning cut attack to one enemy, small chance of paralysis)-------Thunder Wave(lightning cut attack to all enemies, half chance of paralysis)-------Storm Ambush(powerful lightning cut attack to all enemies, often paralyzes)

Leg Slash(cut attack to one enemy, can bind enemy's legs)-------Arm Slash(cut attack to one enemy, can bind enemy's arms)
l
-------Head Slash(cut attack to one enemy, can instantly kill an enemy)

HP Up(raises HP)-------Draining Slice(cut attack to one enemy, heals user's HP)
l
-------Energy Split(passive skill, heals allies when user defeats an enemy)
l
-------Revenge Lust(passive skill, increases attack against enemies that have hit the user at least once)
l
-------Absorbing Chaos(void cut attack to all enemies, absorbs HP)

Speed Up(increases Speed)-------Risky Agility(lowers defense of user to go first for 3 posts by the user)

For the Priest skilltree
Defense Barrier(increases group's defense for 5 user posts)-------Magic Barrier(increases group's magic defense for 5 user posts)-------Double Barrier(increases group's regular and magic defenses for 5 user posts)

Counter Shield(counters enemy attacks for 5 user posts)-------Reflection(reflects enemy attacks on one ally for 5 user posts)
l
-------Tile Protection(prevents damage from hurting tiles for 10 posts by all users)
l
-------Extrasensory(see all foes on floor for 25 posts by all users)

Aura Blast(Void spell to one enemy, lose a bit of HP)-------Aura Wave(Void Spell to all enemies, all of group loses a bit of HP)

Shield Strike(void bash attack to one enemy)-------Barrier Barrage(void bash attack to all enemies)-------Exorcism(powerful void attack to all enemies, instantly kills all non-boss demon enemies)

TP Up(increases TP)-------Sacrificial Guidance(give up attacking for next 3 user posts to make all allies' attacks stronger, can still defend and use items)-------Heaven's Choir(heals all allies' HP, cures all status afflictions)

Attack Up(increases Attack)-------Prayer Slip(small chance of insantly killing one enemy)-------Healing Prayer(passive skill, heals allies when Prayer Slip/Ambush is used)-------Prayer Ambush(void pierce attack to all enemies, small chance of instantly killing all enemies)

Last edited:

Elementic

Kay!

Here's my first character~ also, you can have up to 3 characters, starting out. I'll also be playing all the NPCs listed.
-------------------------
Name: Marion Lamina

Class: Landsknecht

Appearance: Marion has long black hair in a ponytail, fair skin, and bright red eyes. She wears a sleeveless blue dress with a short skirt on it and a bit of armor over a lot of the dress, a white jacket with shoulder guards over them, black tights with knee guards, and thick brown boots. On her waist is a white belt that holds a sheathe of the same color, holding a sword with a black handle and a silver blade, and around her neck is a thick string with a pocketwatch in the front.

Personality: Marion is an active, confident girl who fits the leader role well. She loves exploring, meeting new people...and most of all, helping them. She has that 'help anyone she sees' attitude, especially when it involves saving someone or defeating monsters for a person. She likes to think of herself and her brother as the 'Harbringers of Peace'. The one thing Marion absolutely hates is death. It scares her, especially when someone close to her even comes close, let alone goes forever.

History: When she was very young, and lived in the city of Etria, Marion's parents were victims of a big accident that resulted in an explosion. Her brother remembers more, but Marion remembers seeing a strange creature that she can't really describe now, but she knows she saw. For a while, Marion was very quiet, and never got close to anyone. She feared that if she did, they'd leave her. Even now, she still has a bit of that fear in her heart. It wasn't until she met a friendly monster she named Hatori (Tori for short) that her heart began to open up again. Tori brought her happiness.

Eventually, Marion and her brother began traveling, having become adventurers when they became teens. With Tori alongside them, they went all over the world, helping others and keeping peace. They eventually picked up word of Covenio's challenge, and began to make their way there, in hopes of helping even more people, and having a great adventure.

Other: Marion is often seen with her monster companion, a small cat-sized creature she calls Tori. Tori has a small body, thin ribbon-like ears, and two long thin tails. He’s mainly white, but the tips of his ears, tails, and paws are lavender, and he has deep green eyes. Tori can also become a larger version of himself, which is as big as a Skoll, a lot bulkier, and has fangs and five tails instead of only two.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Sorry my sign up is gonna take a bit. I plum forgot about this for a whole day due to issues elsewhere on the net, and I wasn't able to work anything out for my character. I'll try to get it up later today or tomorrow. Though, I will be playing as an Arcanist

Edit:((posting from a mobile, sorry for the inconvinience.)
Heads up, i informed an Etrian Odyssey fan I know(my bro) about the RP, he'll be joining soon.

Edit: Here's my sheet! X3

Name: Raios

Class: Arcanist

Appearance: Looks essentially like the dude in this pic(as in not the gal)http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/EtrianOdysseyIVArcanist.jpg?57efa4
Except his eyes are wide open, and green. And his leaf-clothes-thingies are green and purple instead of purple and red. His hair is also a bit straighter.

Personality: Unlike 9.8/10 of Vessels, Raios is very energetic and extroverted. He enjoys just being anywhere in the open, and talking with people. He's more then energetic, he's quirky. He uses a lot of odd Vessel rituals often, but intensifies them for the sake of weirding people out. He is also perhaps the only case of autism inside the Vessels race.

History: Raios lived among a tribe of Vessel Arcanists in an unspecified forest. Due to his quirky persona and want for outside world contact, he was considered mentally sick, and generally shunned. After attempting a crazy stunt of unspecified stupidity he was banished from his tribe, but he took this with joy as he would finally be able to leave the place.

Not long after leaving the forest he met a Sniper by the name Maadlus, and the two become close friends and a hunting Duo. The two became close like brothers and traveled as hunters-for-hire, however job wasn't paying much and they decided to head to Covenio to take up the challenge.

Other: If allowed Raios' persona and magical powers allow him to lean on the fourth-wall breaks.

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Here ya go. Me and my brother are kinda in cahoots, is that okay?

Name: Maadlus

Class: Sniper

Appearance: Grey Hair, tied off into a braid that hangs right at the neck. Wears a dark long-coat with sniper armor, left arm more covered than the right. Fur-cuffed boots and arm-guards. Keeps his bow strapped to his belt and a quiver on him at all times. Blue eyes.

Personality: Generally quiet. Acts quickly and efficiently when told, only talks to people he has to. He has a sort of 'professional' attitude about things, only getting involved as much as he needs to and rarely speaking to anyone he doesn't know. Treats his time in a guild like a job, so therefore his attitude comes across as either cold or insensitive, sometimes both. He has a rather cynical nature due to his past experiences as a hunter, and tends to look down upon the assumptions of townsfolk. Only shows true respect to fellow explorers. The only person he actually speaks to openly is Raios, and even then his words are sparing.

History: An excellent hunter. He was trained since he was very young and had most of his 'natural interactions' drilled out of him. His hometown was under constant threat of being attacked by monsters so he and other younglings had to learn to fight quickly. After the monster threat had ended, he started travelling so he could work his trade with no restrictions.

He eventually met an Arcanist named Raios and took him under his wing, acting as his older brother. The two formed a hunting Duo, with Raios using his skills as a Vessel to lure prey out and Maadlus finishing the job. They started out as hunters for hire, but after business started to slow down, they made their way to Covenio where the Yggdrasil situation could provide for them. Raios is the only person Maadlus puts first before a job.

Other: He keeps a stringed instrument with him; the only momento from his home. He sometimes uses it to lure out prey when on the hunt. He usually plays a slow haunting melody. He knows a variety of tunes for different situations when on the hunt, but he lacks the true skill of a troubadour.

Attachments

• DSC00308.jpg
    DSC00308.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Elementic

Both are accepted. Also the race is Vessels, not Hollows. The Hollows are their enemy. Just letting you know ^^

Also fourth wall leaning is perfectly fine! XD

And more people know about this series than I thought...this delights me. A lot.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Sounds interesting, but I know nothing about the series or skill trees... Can I have help, or is it hopeless to teach?

Elementic

There's a really helpful wiki I can link you to. Although it'd be easy to find if you just search 'etrian odyssey wiki'.

It's the Wikia one. It has a ton of info.

Elementic

If you want. This isn't going to have the 'five party members only' role the games have.

Also, that's a nice pic, Chiraku! ^^

I'm gonna make another charry too~
--------------------
Name: Karus Lamina

Class: Scythemaster

Appearance: anime_guy.jpg

Personality: Karus is a quiet man. He prefers to listen rather than talk, and it's hard to gain his trust, and easy to lose it. The only person he really opens up to is his sister, Marion. The two have had only each other for a long time, and Karus doesn't want to lose the one family member he has left. Because of that, he tends to be a bit overprotective towards her.

History: Karus was a lot more talkative in his childhood, and really looked up to his dad, who was a famous explorer in Etria. After the accident, he slowly talked less, until he only spoke in response to Marion. He's the only one who believes her claim that she saw a monster during the explosion.

While they were exploring, the two siblings picked up word of the challenge from Covenio. With the small creature Tori with them, Karus and Marion traveled to Covenio...since they believe that there, they could find answers to the explosion many years ago, for the reported explosions they overheard about said that Covenio suffered the most damage.

Other: Karus is often found training at night. He wants to become strong enough to protect Marion and Tori.

Elementic

That's fine, Dark (wecanhavenagadefeelsinstead XD)

Also, to Fierce and Chiraku-remember that you can make up to 3 characters. Like stated earlier, this doesn't have the 'five member team limit' that the games have, so go nuts!

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Okay, guess I can make another or so, but I think 4 is a fine number to start of the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom