• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylia's Anguish

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
(Original story will be reverted after Easter Event)

This is a tale you humans have passed down through uncounted generations…

Was… was that… the power...

Hylia awoke startled from a premonition. The Kikwi sage that was accompanying her, Yopsa, was worried.

"Goddess, it's the eve of battle with Demise and his forces, you've said all will be well, yet you seem troubled, koo koo…" he said with concern.

Hylia sat up in the field of lilies she had decided to lay in an hour ago. There was indeed something troubling her, but she could not place her burdens upon sweet Yopsa. She smiled, "I'm fine, worry not my sage of forest. Tomorrow's battle is a necessary step to eradicate this land of Demise and his vile malice. In my place beyond time itself I will guide each generation to a path that leads to peace and prosperity. It will not be easy, and it will not happen instantly, but we must rejoice, for the labors of today build the bright future of tomorrow. I want you to remember these words." Yopsa jumped into her arms,

"Victory!!!" He replied cheefully.

"Victory!" She nodded, as her heart melted, and she hugged him tightly. "Oh Yopsa, you were my first friend when I descended to this world, and I love you dearly. In another life I will see you again, still, I wish this life... didn't have to end." she thought, as a tear rolled down her cheek, but she quickly wiped it away before Yopsa noticed.

Just then a light flashed from the Goddess Sword, the infant spirit within was reminding that the other sages were gathering in the temple for the upcoming evening feast, Yopsa was tasked to welcome his friends and their gathered forces. "Kik wiiii!!! Look at the time! I must go, my grace!" He said excitedly.

"Tell everyone I will be there shortly, I have a few more matters to attend to." Hylia said as she patted Yopsa's head. He nodded, and wobbled off towards the temple, humming a tune. She watched on as he disappeared into the field of lilies, the flowers rustled and shifted as he made his way through them.

Alone, kneeled among the flowers that had now begun to sway with a gust of wind, Hylia closed her eyes with her hands together to peer through time. Past, present, future, in that moment they all converge, they are all one, and Hylia's will exists in all. "I have looked through every possible outcome, every variation, and in each one I suffer wounds in the battle tomorrow. It's unavoidable... I must give up my divine physical form for the sake of all who are, have been, and will come." She contemplated silently. "Perhaps, just maybe, I missed one? One outcome where I can continue on as I am? Dear Goddesses, please, if it's possible, let this burden pass from me, but let your will be done."

The breeze grew stronger in the field, pullng Hylia back to the present. Wiping tears from her eyes, she began thinking of her own words that she said to Yopsa. "It's not all bad I suppose, I will live many eventful future lives, and the friendships formed here are so strong that we'll all meet again. Sometimes not at the same time, nevertheless, that is something to look forward to at least. And it will all be for peace." Hylia said aloud. She picked a flower, inhaled it's sweet aroma, and placed it behind her ear. The Goddess stood and looked out towards the temple, the sunlight radiating upon her divinely. She smiled, finally content with embracing her fate, she looked forward to one last evening with her friends, and also to the new experiences and bonds she would forge in her other lives.

"I suppose mortality will be fun. Also that one reincarnation from the vision I had in my slumber – she wields the Triforce itself! To think, a mortal can do what a god cannot. There is much strength in that." Hylia said, as she lifted off with her wings to attend the feast.

Thank you for participating in the 2022 Spirit Orb hunt!!! Between planning, creating clues, and picking threads for the clues, I didn't have time to create a fancy artwork like last year, but hopefully this Work in Progress will suffice. If anything, the short story above that accompanies the art is the highlight, and I hope those who make it here enjoy both!

Silent_Princess.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom