• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Escaping Ganon's Castle.

Kazumi

chagy
Hrmm.. What did people think of this part of OoT, when you have to escape Ganon's Castle with Zelda? I thought that this was the most epic moment in OoT. Maybe the most epic moment in any Zelda game. What did you think? It's really crazy how Zelda screams and starts crying every time you get hurt, and all of the falling, flaming rocks, and the ReDead on the bridge, and the Stalfos battle. I remeber my first time, the ReDead got me, and Zelda was screaming and crying while rocks were falling all over. It was Epic.
What did you think of this part? Should they have something like it again?

It annoyed me the first time I played it because I could barely get through. After a while I started to get better at it and started liking it a lot more.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I thought it was pretty epic and unexpected. And they did kinda try to do it again in Four Swords Adventures if that part counts.

I remember in my first play through of that game and getting to that level, and I ran out of time in the part when Zelda opens the last gate and theres the bright light thats like 4 feet away.

It killed me a little in real life.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The first time, I didn't expect it and in the end, died the same way Welbanks did. However when I began to get used to it, I finally got the hang of things and always enjoyed it whenever ever that part of the level comes.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I both liked it and not liked it. I really enjoyed the fights inside the tower (always nice with time limits). But getting down the stairs when you were on the outside of the tower (was not bad but) looked akward.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
That stage was pure insanity. I mean, they give you 5 levels of flaming rocks. You get hit, you can kiss 5 valuable seconds goodbye. It was cool, but the Stalfos stage was kinda extreme if you didn't have the Biggeron Sword. It was nice, would be nice to have it in a later game, though with a bit more time and instead of Stalfos, how about Iron Knuckles...

I found it rather easy to achieve but yes it was epic and kind of cliche to escape the tower. And I do agree about Zelda being pretty annoying during this...

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I never really thought anything of it. I would always just breeze my way through it, not thinking about anything. One funny thing about it though. When Zelda opens the bars, and she makes that sound, my friends mom came in the room and told him to blow his nose. She thought he sneezed..

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In my first playthrough, I remember getting really stressed in the room with the Stalfos, cause I was having a hard time and the timer was getting down-.-, but I ended up being able to escape the castle.
Now it's a lot easier for me to do it

It made me a nervous wreck when I first played through it. Like you said, Zelda's screaming doesn't help much. And timers always make me nervous. The staflos weren't a problem to me, because I had already gotten the Biggorons sword.

But you're right, it was truly epic.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I have a few memories of this part of Ocarina of Time. I remember having trouble with the Stalfos room because I always took my time with Stalfos. Back when I did this, I just spammed the B button to try and defeat them faster. Now, though, I think I would use the hookshot on them (not sure if that is effective or not, I think so) and then use the megaton hammer. The falling rocks never gave me much trouble. I had a glitch happen once, though, where Zelda opened a locked door leading into the tower while we were outside, she entered in and the timer and music stopped but I still had control of Link. It changed the camera view to the normal view and I explored for a bit :). I always liked using my hover boots and seeing how far of a jump I could make, or how well I could cut corners.

But, I don't think I ever failed this. Perhaps once, my first time.. but aside from that, I can't think of any moment where I didn't make it in time.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
That part was truly epic. You really get the feeling of..."I gotta get out of here NOW!". But the best thing about it to me, was that once you finished this part, you got that sense of....finally.....I made it....HA!..I beat this *insert strange noise coming from the remains of the castle*.........what the?!?!.....so the best was yet to come......unbelievable. The whole....hurry up part....gets you tense.....you beat it...you think you're gonna get some rest and then...Ganondorf shows up and becomes Ganon....(and the cool fact that he's the only boss with no description....he is just...GANON):P

Last edited:
Yeah this part was pretty awesome. Timers make me nervous, as well, and I used to be scared of ReDeads. So when I was 6-7ish almost having no time in the last room with the ReDead was just horrible.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I haven't beaten the game yet, I am on the Shadow Temple. But I bet the ending is very epic as you decribed. I get really upset at Re deads and also the mummies that are Re Deads but worse because the Sun's Song doesn't stun them. I would get really distracted if Zelda was screaming and crying over that, I would go into panic mode lol I would get veery nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom