• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Epona!

Kazumi

chagy
That's really neat Shadsie! I love how you used actually hair for the mane and tail. It's a lot better then anything else that could have been used.

I also really like how you added all of the little packs and things that she had in Twilight Princess. I wish I had one..

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Absolutely beautiful Shadsie. Though the hair sections are somewhat crude ( being from a really horse makes it awesome) I can see you worked really hard on this. You did really well making the miniature reigns and saddle and making sure they fit well. Mind if I also ask how hard it was to make the eyes?

Now if only she had a good ol' Link to complete a partnership.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I don't sculpt humans as well as animals. I had an Ordon Goat for a while, but I don't know what happened to it - seems to have gotten lost when I moved. Epona is currently hanging out with a pair of Tomases ( weird bird-creatures from "Trigun," did a couple of sculpts of them a while back).

The mane and tail would have been more accurate if I'd just sculpted them, but that's *not* why I waited until it was time for Justin's owner to trim him - I wanted to do an Epona scupt with some bonafide horse hair. That charm is the whole reason for the sculpture.

The eyes are glass beads, actually. I did a little dab of paint in the center to represent the pupils... but the eyes... glass beads I pressed into the clay.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I don't sculpt humans as well as animals. I had an Ordon Goat for a while, but I don't know what happened to it - seems to have gotten lost when I moved. Epona is currently hanging out with a pair of Tomases ( weird bird-creatures from "Trigun," did a couple of sculpts of them a while back).

The mane and tail would have been more accurate if I'd just sculpted them, but that's *not* why I waited until it was time for Justin's owner to trim him - I wanted to do an Epona scupt with some bonafide horse hair. That charm is the whole reason for the sculpture.

The eyes are glass beads, actually. I did a little dab of paint in the center to represent the pupils... but the eyes... glass beads I pressed into the clay.

Oh no, I wasn't saying it was a bad decision for it to be crude. It has charm when you realize that it is horse hair and I totally respect that. I'm sorry if I worded it wrong.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
No, I didn't take offense. Sorry if it looked like it! Whoops!

I was just emphasizing my inspiration for the sculpture. It went like this - "Hey, I work at a barn. Hey, I have access to horse hair if/when they get brushed or need trims. I can take advantage of this. I wanna do a fan sculpture with real elements, whee!"

So, *laughs* no, I'm not angry, sorry you took it that way.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Mixed media sculpture is such a cool art form :D Great job on this! I love the metallic sheen her 'coat' has, and the detail is amazing, especially for a piece so small

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom