• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epona Vs Train!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Epona everyday! Could be that I am the cowboy type of a guy myself, riding a horse and bringing in the "live"stock is my melody I guess. The train is far too modern way of transportation for me, brings me the creeps :(.

But I do prefer Epona from Ocarina of Time, added some depth to everything. To see her change after those years, beautiful & magical!

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Epona the Mighty, while washing herself in the Faron Pond, twitches her ears as she hears a great whistle break the silence of the once-peaceful forest. Does she let something like that happen? No sir! Using her legendary Hooves of Painful Crunching, she sped up using all 5 carrots and attempted to crush the train.
... but ended up underneath the train. But fear not! For the cunning little horse bit a chunk in the Spirit Train and sent it down to the abyss under the Forest Temple and end it's terror. GO EPONA!

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
A wild TRAIN has appeared!

EPONA used Neigh!
It's not very effective...

TRAIN used Choo-choo!
It's super effective!

EPONA used Carrot Rampage!
It's a one-hit KO!
It's not very effective...

Wild TRAIN fainted

EPONA gained 130 exp. points!

That just made my day. :D Ahahaha, nerds ftw...

But anyway, even though the train travel was cool, I prefer Epona (:

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Trains need tracks
Tracks are only placed in popular/safe places.
Heros need to go to unpopular/dangerous places
Horses are not bound by tracks
Horse Wins

Epona is better than the Train

Epona runs alongside train which has captured Link. Epona pulls bomb from saddlebag and bombs the front, while Link, safely station in the back slides to the safety of the ocean in the caboose while wearing his Zora Mask. Epona finds and retrieves Link unharmed and they ride off happily into the sunset together...Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Clint Eastwood was somewhere....anyways.

o_O Anyway. . .

I think Epona wins, because Link is allowed more freedom while riding her, as opposed to the linearity of train, which is limited to set paths [tracks]. Granted, the train is faster, but its limitations - a negative - outweigh its positive aspect (superior speed), in my opinion. I have yet to play Spirit Tracks for myself, but the train seems to be limiting factor from what I've heard. I guess I'll have to see for myself whenever I have the chance. For now, though: Epona > Train.

Amidoinitrite?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
The Legend of Zelda is all about exploring and the train removed all the exploration from the game. I prefer to explore the overworld without being confined to rails. Also a horse just makes more sense in a game that takes place in medieval times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom