• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epona Vs Loftwing?

Epona all the way. It would have been nice to name the loftwing, yes. I actually thought the Loftwing controlled better than Epona but I am sure I am in the minority on that. A few examples, difficulty getting her to make jumps (having to run straight on), and her turning was a little awkward.

the loftwong was good, and would have been better if you could name it. but i have to say that i like horses more then giant birds when it comes to zelda games

M

Mamuta

of course in real life I would much prefer an enormous bird, but in the games it's pretty close. I think being able to name Epona makes your relationship with her a little more special, but it's still a close call.

I do wish you could name your Loftwing. However, I like the Loftwing travel much better than the Epona travel. It feels less restricted. As far as exploration goes, it's as if you have two worlds to explore: one above the clouds with your Loftwing and one below on foot.

T

TheUltimateHobo

I really like Epona better than the Loftwing. I think that flying is a bit boring and riding a horse is much more interesting. I never changed Epona's name but I believe that being able to customise things is a good feature to have in a game.

M

Mom

I thought it would have been cool to have the loftwing for air, and epona for land.

I mean within the same game, of course.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
definitely Epona. the Loftwing was good but it was just a means of getting from A to B, Epona has archery and, in TP, swordplay. She had a much larger part in the games than the Loftwing did

I like Epona, but the Loftwing is good for a change although, I'd like to see Epona again in a future game, or even a water animal seeing as we have Epona-land Loftwing-air

I like both of them, and I think it was a good idea to have a flying method of transportation for a change. As for the subject of wether it should have had a name or not: I think it's good that is hadn't. For the people of Skyloft, these birds are sacred creatures that stand on the same level as their human partner. Giving them names would degrade them to some sort of pet, wich they are not.

I liked the Loftwing because it's good that they came up with something new.
But I prefer Epona, the controls worked better for me and she is usually more involved in the game.

So far I've never renamed Epona but that's due to the fact that I just like her name.
Renaming the Loftwing would have definitely given it more personality.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I actually liked both.. but if I have to choose I would choose Epona. However... my dream would be that you have a loftwing for certain things, and then on the main "land down below" you would have Epona... That would be the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom