• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epona in Skyward Sword

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I've been wondering recently if Epona's going to be in Skyward Sword. We haven't heard from Nintendo wether or not she's going to be in the game, and since they almost hinted that Link's bird will replace Epona. I won't care to much if Epona is not in the game but, I'm worried about how traveling around and (if there is some) backtracking will be. be sure to offer up your opinions in the comments!

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I hope Epona is in the game, just having a bird replace her, wont feel the same, but she probably wont be in the game since we already seen the bird

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Well we wont know for sure right? So far we havent seen much of the "land below". If Hyrule Field (assuming there will be one) is as big as the one in Twilight Princess, then I have reason to believe Epona will be in the game. I understand that Link's bird will be the main form of transportation above the clouds and he/she will play an important role in the story, but there shouldn't be any reason to doubt that there will be a mode of transportation in the Land Below.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with Hero in Green, just because the bird is (so far) prevalent over the clouds doesn't mean Link won't be forced to use another kind of transportation (other than sprinting, of course) for Hyrule. There could always be some sort of stallion that Link could tame just to get around faster, ride? xD

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
It would have been funny if they made Epona a pegasus, then that way you wouldn't have to switch steeds (that being said if Epona is even in the game) when you go to the World Below. I hope she's in it, if they replaced her with a bird it really wouldn't make sense because Link would have to walk WAY too much in the World Below/Hyrule.

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
I predict they might make it so you can't use the bird much under the clouds so it's harder to get places. Hopefully they will have epona though, but I haven't seen her in any trailers yet :( I hope to see her in SS...

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I really don't think that Link's bird should replace Epona especially if there will still be a overworld where you either walk or ride Epona. If they replace Epona with the bird than moving on the overworld will take longer when trying to get to places that are far away from other places. I have said alot that others have also said but if I just had to say one thing it would have been that I completely agree with Hero in Green.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I would like Epona to be in SS, but I doubt it. I think it's because Skyloft will act as a hub world and the bird will replace Epona as a form of transportation. As for the surface, I think that's mainly for getting to dungeons and other levels.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I don't think Epona's gonna be in the game.
I was thinking maybe when you get on your bird, you can drop into the clouds at different locations and you'd land in that location below.
Like, say you'd wanna go to the forest. you'd fly over where the forest was and drop off the bird. that would be WAY more intuitive than riding Epona... in my opinion.

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well guys, as far as we know, the "Loftbird" (LoftBird or Loftbird?) is going to be a use of transportation in the air.
As for the land below... it's kinda hard to tell, as we've kinda have not seen a large chunk of the land below.

I'm pretty sure Epona isn't in the game, as far as I can tell though. But hey, I could be wrong, the game isn't out yet, so I don't have a proof of if she's there or not.

Honestly, i'm fine with Epona not being in the game. Link's bird is cool, and hey, what's better than riding a horse? Riding a giant bird that catches you in mid-air and flying around in the sky at high speed on it, that's what.

Don't wory though, Epona still has a special place for me too, but for now in SS, it's the "Loftbird"! Woosh~!
](please note I could be wrong, seeing as the game is yet to release)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'd actually rather just have the bird this time around. Just imagine how cool it would be to fly above hyrule on the dragon-duck!I don't see how it would be against tradition or not feel the same if she wasn't in the game. Was the King of Red Lions so bad after all?

D

DFVI

Probably not, as Link has he ability to Sprint now, and he will have the Special Bird :/

I sorta think the bird IS epona, or at least, epona is the reincarnation of the bird. Think about: what color is this bird? red, are any of the other birds red? no. what color is epona? red, are there any other horses that are red? No. Also in OOT, epona was this special horse, that was faster then the rest. And what about this bird? it seems to be special in some sort if not the same way. Riding the bird is a lot like riding epona, in the since that you make the bird go faster in the same way you do epona. So my guess, (although I may be wrong, but i still think this could be a high chance of happening) the bird is epona.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I hope Epona makes an appearance in Skyward Sword. It was fun running her through enemies in the previous games!! XD

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
like i mentioned before, i don't think Epona is really needed for this game. i mean, you have your bird, and you can fly anywhere above the clouds... what makes you say you can't just drop down right above the place you need to be? like, from Skyloft, you fly out and drop down in a certain spot, and you'll land in, oh say, the forest. that would be very intuitive. and besides, Link can sprint. Epona isn't really needed for this game...

and, chronologically speaking, Epona is still a pony when you're a kid in OoT, how could she even be alive 400 years before that in SwS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom