• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epona in Skyward Sword

D

DarkJinjo

Something tells me that the Loftbird will also be used as transportation for the land below. Maybe hovering not far from the ground, or maybe you would be able to control how high you go, but if you go up too far a quick load screen occurs and you're above the clouds.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
and, chronologically speaking, Epona is still a pony when you're a kid in OoT, how could she even be alive 400 years before that in SwS?
Really great point there. It's actually impossible for Epona to be alive in Skyward Sword. Thanks for figuring/pointing that out!

If I had to guess, the bird will be the main method of transportation, and as for the ground, there will be some kind of warp system.

It'd be interesting if Zelda had a dungeon in which you had to take Epona through it. It'd be a cool mini dungeon.

I get the feeling that Epona won't be on here. We probably would have seen her by now if she was going to be.

Probably we won't see Epona this time. When asked about her Nintendo representative clearly stuttered. Epona dividing the attention with the Bird doesn't feel right. Making the Bird hover over the land doesn't sound likely too, I think the Wii graphics simply wouldn't handle it well, and they would need to impose some lame invisible sky walls in between each area...

Having only the bird instead of Epona is completely fine by me, makes the game have a mark of it's own. And honestly flying these birds is a lot more rad. If they make Skyloft big enough and put some flying mini-games (like WW rupees streak) and maybe even some combat in it, it will by far be the best traversing system in the series. The real drawback in this whole thing is the most likely lack of a proper Hyrule Field, the areas bellow may feel like Mario 64/Sushine levels, chunks of land disconnect from one another. I think they can work around it, they may create some areas just as big as TP Lake Hylia, that give good a sense of scale but that's ok to travel on foot. And make the areas connected to one another to feel like a proper world, instead of having to go up to Skyloft everytime.

L

linkfan

like i mentioned before, i don't think Epona is really needed for this game. i mean, you have your bird, and you can fly anywhere above the clouds... what makes you say you can't just drop down right above the place you need to be? like, from Skyloft, you fly out and drop down in a certain spot, and you'll land in, oh say, the forest. that would be very intuitive. and besides, Link can sprint. Epona isn't really needed for this game...

and, chronologically speaking, Epona is still a pony when you're a kid in OoT, how could she even be alive 400 years before that in SwS?

Epona wouldn't be alive 400 years before Oot, because it's usually not the same horse. Like, the Epona in TP isn't the same Epona from OoT

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
That would be cool if we got to ride Epona (like you guys said a different Epona) in the world below and in the sky we would ride are Loftbird.

H

heroshadeshadow

Will Epona Be in It

what i have been wondering for quite a while now (spacificaly when i first saw the E3 trailer for skyward sword) was epona still going to be link's fastest way of transportaton, or will one of the birds shown in the trailer replace him? Epona has been links bast way of transportation thruoght out many zelda games so i started thinking that will traveling in the sky on one of the birds replace traveling on the ground with epona?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom