• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Epona As a Kid?

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I doubt this will happen but do you think it would be nice to be able to ride Epona as a kid? I would cause it wouod be easier to get to places.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I agree with Hylian Knight.

If you mean OoT, then yes, I think it'd be VERY helpful. You wouldn't need to worry about Stalkin, or not being able to get into Castle Town. Of course, this is irrelevant if you have the Sun's Song, which I always get.

So, to sum it up, I don't think it really matters. Yeah, I guess it'd be helpful if you don't have the sun's song, but you get it almost right away. I don't think the game would change much.

C

cobemon

i think epona was for the adult time for the purposes of her getting you to new places you were supposed to go, like lake hylia from hyrule field and to gerudo valley over the bridge (you can still get there as a kid, but its really hard as heck).

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I guess it would be easier to ride Epona as Young Link. Having to walk almost through every time is a bit frustrating. But MM has this option. Only OoT cannot be it.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Considering the fact that this was posted in the Ocarina of Time subthread, then I'd have to say that IS what he's talking about. Some people are able to read and post in the correct area, you know.

But more to the point, I don't really think it matters. Epona as a child would have rendered all of the Stalchildren pointless. I never really use her more than necessary as an adult. She usually slows me down because she'll not be able to jump over a foot high fence and she'll be scared of a 15 degree decline/incline. Freaking stopping every 10 seconds is worse than running places. Really, once I've gotten the 10 big poes I set her free in Hyrule Field and never look back. If you have any idea what you're doing, you don't need her really anyway.

Considering the fact that this was posted in the Ocarina of Time subthread, then I'd have to say that IS what he's talking about.
^

He was as clear as he needed to be.

Anyway, I also don't think it really matters. When you're Young Link, Hyrule Field is a new place. Your journey from Kokiri Forest to Hyrule Castle Town is probably the longest one that you actually make. After that the distances you travel are actually really short. It's only once you become Adult Link that you could use the speedy travel, since you have to go farther more often and Hyrule Field isn't a new sight, just old stuff you want to bypass. As for sidequests and such, I don't think most players did too much of the Young Link stuff until they started getting warping, so I still don't think it's that big of a deal.

Besides, Hyrule Field was actually pretty small, so rolling to where you need to go isn't significantly worse than riding the horse.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Anyway, I also don't think it really matters. When you're Young Link, Hyrule Field is a new place. Your journey from Kokiri Forest to Hyrule Castle Town is probably the longest one that you actually make. After that the distances you travel are actually really short. It's only once you become Adult Link that you could use the speedy travel, since you have to go farther more often and Hyrule Field isn't a new sight, just old stuff you want to bypass. As for sidequests and such, I don't think most players did too much of the Young Link stuff until they started getting warping, so I still don't think it's that big of a deal.

Besides, Hyrule Field was actually pretty small, so rolling to where you need to go isn't significantly worse than riding the horse.

^ This
Or you could just sidestep across Hyrule Field it works wonders for me...I can literally sidestep across Hyrule Field in two minutes so getting Epona as a kid wouldnt have really been trivial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom