• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enjoying Things You Dislike

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It makes no sense but sometimes it happens. What things do you or did you dislike but inadvertently enjoyed? I take offense to the theme park I worked at—Six Flags—but nevertheless I enjoyed the myriad of rides it hosted. There was also an understood love for the discounts that I got as an employee, though I knew said discounts were absolutely wrong in their entirety (a cup of soda costs a regular "guest" over $4, but an employee gets it for $1 - which is what it costs in a convenience store.)

Big Octo

=^)
Well, I usually dislike things for a reason. If I enjoyed it, then I can't really say I disliked it.

On a related note, there are some things I do that seem difficulty or irritating to the point where I think I hate it in the process of doing it, but I look back on with joy. A good example is hiking. It's tough stuff, but I always reflect on hikes with fondness.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
wrestling... and not the greco-roman but I mean WWE... I think it's fake and the acting and grudges are forced.. though whenever I watch it I like the fights.. or "fights?" I'm jstu really confused about it. I like it but I don't at the same time... lol I mean dose this look fake to you?? ok maybe wwe isn't fake then... lol.jpg

but everything else dose!! I don't know what to make of it! but I get so pumped to see it
lol...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
wrestling... and not the greco-roman but I mean WWE... I think it's fake and the acting and grudges are forced.. though whenever I watch it I like the fights.. or "fights?" I'm jstu really confused about it. I like it but I don't at the same time... lol I mean dose this look fake to you?? View attachment 34289

but everything else dose!! I don't know what to make of it! but I get so pumped to see it
lol...

Um... WWE isn't fake. You could go live and witness it in real time. It's just scripted and acted out, like any other movie or tv show you enjoy. It's sports entertainment, it's meant to be cheesy and have you pick sides in their storylines. The actual wrestling is the sport, those people can actually get hurt. You can't fake a slam...

As for the thread, yeah, I have enjoyed something I disliked. That being Anime. I used to bash anime to no end, wouldn't even give it a chance. Then of course I became more open minded as I grew and have actually been able to appreciate the style. This doesn't mean I'm an anime fan though, since I don't really watch it, and still hate certain aspects of it.

Watching the Super Bowl. I absolutely HATE American Football with a passion, but I love watching this event just because my cousin usually throws a huge party during the day, and when the actual game starts, most of us just gather around the TV just to watch the ridiculous commercials and the half time show.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1984 may be a horribly drawn out book, but it's a good one nonetheless. Same with Scarlet Letter.

There is an innumerable amount of things that I dislike about Internet culture and all it encompasses, yet here I am...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I only really dislike things I'm not good at, for example maths. At school, I sucked at maths. However, whenever I did finally get my head round something, I would enjoy doing it but I think mainly on an egotistical level hah!

Same with playing sports. I love sports, especially football (real football involving your actual feet), but I'm rubbish at it. So, I was pretty much a non-player until I discovered I'm like, really good at cricket. So, I love playing cricket even though I hate playing pretty much every other sport.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Going places and doing anything in public / with people (that's not text-based). Face to face human contact, public, noisy places - I do not like them. I'm extremely introverted. However, sometimes, I do get convinced to go somewhere and do something, and actually have fun despite staving off unpleasant feelings and nervousness.

I always have fun at anime conventions, despite them being full of crowds, just because said crowds are geeks - people at least as weird as I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom