• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enhanced OoX on 3DS Virtual Console?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
They're doing it with Link's Awakening so why not do it with the Oracle of Ages and Seasons, I think we will see a lot of re releases since they can add 3D effects. But that's not the only reason, lots of younger kids are starting to grow up, we forget about them but every year kids discover Zelda and at least try it out for themselves. Most of them wouldn't know anything about these games unless they were to play a newer one first and then go backwards in the series. I think 3DS is perfect in getting all those classics back on the shelves. I'm all for it, what about you. do you think we could see OoX on the 3DS? or do you think they'll just give us LA, and OoT?​

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm hoping to see OoX on the 3DS Virtual Console along with LA. I at least see it coming down the road. They released all the earlier console Zeldas on the Wii VC, so why not do the same on the 3DS?

And I agree with the idea of introducing the younger generation to these games. I started playing Zelda this generation with games like TP and PH, and have slowly worked my way back to games like LoZ and AlttP. The Virtual Cosole on the Wii helped me with that. I myself have yet to play the older handhelds, and I hope I'm able to play them all with the 3DS.

Kybyrian

In my opinion, people are asking for too much. We know that Ocarina of Time will have a release on the 3DS, but that's because it is the most critically acclaimed game of all time. Of course they want people to remember it... and they want to make more money off of it!
After the news about Ocarina of Time, though, suddenly everybody is asking for a ton of remakes on the 3DS! I understand that it's nice to play the old games again with a little twist, but I'd rather not see 5 or so old games re-released on the 3DS. First people were asking for Majora's Mask, then A Link to the Past, who knows what else, and now OoX!

Oracle of Ages may be my second favorite Zelda game with Oracle of Seasons trailing not far behind (5th), but that doesn't mean that I want to buy them all over again so I can play them with a slight twist. I would really much rather have a new Zelda game. With the capabilities that they have with the 3DS, they could certainly make a game on that console that is actually good for a change, seeing as how they put Ocarina of Time on it.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I get your point Kybyrian but look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNdY0zTHrN4

in the video we see that the virtual console is set up so that games will be viewed in tabs which are like a folder for that game series. Inside the mario tab will be a few mario games, in the DK tab will be a few DK games, and in the Zelda tab there will be a few Zelda games. as far as I know only GB and GBC games have been confirmed so far for the 3DS virtual console so it would make perfect sense for them to release OoX again alongside LA DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom