• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

English Medium versus learning in mother tongue

What medium do you think is the best for children?

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
While there is an argument that learning in English will help in increasing the job prospects, it would give the students a hard time to learn the subjects. The child would be trapped in two different learning atmospheres. In school, everything would be explained in English and in home, while revising the subjects, they would think in their mother tongue ie, they would be spending time in order to decipher the information and store it in mind.
During the exams, they have to recall the info and convert it back into English in order to present them.

Learning in mother tongue would help the child show more intrest towards the subject.

However, Getting government job is fine, But it would be difficult if end up in an international company.
But I'm not talking about the vocabulary, They could have problem in vocabulary even if they are in English medium schools unless they dedicate their time talking to someone in English.

So, what dy'all think?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
If you teach kids at a young age 2 languages they don't seem to have much trouble with it later on. Of course I don't speak for everybody else :P It really depends on the age. My former neighbors were from Malaysia and they had two kids. They were 4 years old and 8 months when they came here. The kids did very well, adjusting fine.

I think it could be useful for learning new language. English is my second language but with the time it has getting better. In college I had to use a little help of writing services to get good grades. I'm glad that I found reviews about best writer service 99papers and these guys helped me a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom