• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Enemies That Should Return in Zelda Wii U

↑ Yeah, they are, but I find Dark Nuts to be more challenging, and prefer their guillotine sword over the iron knuckles' axe

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
↑ Dude, Darknuts are cool enemies to fight but Iron Knuckles deserve a comeback more than Darknuts considering the fact that Iron Knuckles have been absent since MM (OoT 3D doesn't count since it's a remake) and Darknuts have been absent only since TP which came out six years after MM. If you really think about it, Iron Knuckles deserve a comeback more than Darknuts do. Also, last time I checked, this is a thread for discussion about "Enemies That Should Return in Zelda Wii U" not "Which kind of Enemies are the best". Trust me, and I am only going to say this once, if this thread were about "Which kind of Enemies are the best", then I would probably say Darknuts since they do play a very big role in the series much like Iron Knuckles and Moblins (now this is another big important kind of enemy that needs to make appearances more often) do. To compromise things and be more fair, let's just say both Darknuts and Iron Knuckles should return in Zelda Wii U. Okay? :hylianshield:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Since no one seems to have remembered these guys...

The Quadro Babas.

Quadro_Baba.png

Seriously, these things are badass. They're like Deku Babas on steroids and cocaine. Who would have thought a variation of such a simple enemy could wind up being one of the most challenging in the series? THEY'RE SO FREAKING AWESOME ABGSDHUIFODSNIJAJHFDSUF...!

(Okay, my bias towards plant monsters may have a slight hand in this, but there's no doubt the Quadro Babas were epic enemies.)

I'd like to see the return of heavily-armored enemies such as the formidable Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, and Ball and Chain Troopers. It would also be neato to see armored variants of Moblins, Bokoblins, and the illustrious Wolfos. A few magical enemies couldn't hurt... it'd be nice to see Wizzrobes again...

To compromise things and be more fair, let's just say both Darknuts and Iron Knuckles should return in Zelda Wii U. Okay? :hylianshield:
Holy crap, why did I not think of that. They should invent a new armored enemy as well. Nevermind, they could bring back the ball and chain knight. Then they should still invent a new one. Yes, yes, YES! More armored enemies!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Holy crap, why did I not think of that. They should invent a new armored enemy as well. Nevermind, they could bring back the ball and chain knight. Then they should still invent a new one. Yes, yes, YES! More armored enemies!

Okay, let's not get over our heads here... Too many armored enemies would make a game too hard to complete. Some are okay, but ironknuckles, darknuts, ball and chain troopers, and more? How about we bring back ironknuckles, ditch darknuts for a bit, and also bring back the ball and chain trooper? If we include the dinalfos from TP (which were some of the hardest enemies in the game), then we'd have 3. 3 very different types of armored enemies. Darknuts and Ironknuckles are too similar to be in a game together. Technically, Ball and Chain Trooper was in TP, but there was only one, and it was a miniboss. It's been a while since we saw them as a regular enemy (FSA I believe, correct me if I'm wrong).

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
Land octoroks! We have yet to see those things in glorious 3d. Also, iron knuckles and ball-and-chain troopers.

D

Distorted

Since some good ones were already mentioned, I have two: Horseheads, and Goriyas.

Horsehead is pretty much exactly what it sounds like - it's a big dude with a horse head, it was in Zelda 2. I remember it being really disturbing from this qualifier alone, and the guy had a club he'd try to whack you with.

Goriyas are those little fox guys that'd throw boomerangs around all quick-like. Only made an appearance in Zelda 1, 2 and Link to the Past, I think. With the jump to 3D, there'd be some opportunities for them to do some crazy stuff.

Obviously, like always, there should be some new enemies added too. :wynaut:

Sure, Wynaut add a few more?

I agree with many of the people here that Nintendo needs to bring back the old classics. We've seen Stalfos. We love them. Keep them. But what about the majestic, fearsome Lynels? What about the Goriyas and their boomerangs? Zelda II introduced a lot of enemies which we never saw again. These guys would look awesome in HD, I know it, and this is exactly the kind of nostalgia the next Zelda game needs.

Obviously, they should create many new enemies to spice things up a bit. I felt like The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were a bit lacking in enemy presence, since they didn't have an overwhelming variety of them and several of them were simply different forms of earlier enemies. Let's see some brand new enemies that don't necessarily pull from earlier incarnations and a total enemy type count that reaches over sixty. Not critical to success, but it would help oil the cogs a bit.

I also want to see horrors like the Dead Hand and Gomess realized in HD, although truth told, Nintendo should be careful how they use them. If the Dead Hand was so terrifying as an angular blob, what will it do to your average eight-year-old in HD? Maybe it would be better saved for a horror-themed optional dungeon or another T-rated Zelda game, but I still want to see it again. And the Gomess. That thing was horrifyingly majestic, and it deserves another chance.

Iron Knuckles probably deserve a comeback more than Darknuts since we haven't seen them in so long, though I, too, believe they should be in the game together. I don't see a problem with too many armored enemy types so long as Zelda steps up its combat. The details of that are for a thread of their own, but Zelda needs to allow more freedom, aggression, and some sense of realism in its combat if it wants to truly grow there. I bring to mind the final levels of the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, where you could be squaring off with as many as five Darknuts at the same time. It was difficult, but in a bad way because the combat scheme was too simple to allow for a flowing battle. You just swing your sword almost randomly at a bunch of armored guys hoping to find an opening. Zelda needs to expand its combat before it even thinks about expanding its enemy roster.

To summarize, I want to see a small army of classic enemies in addition to a few memorable bosses or mini-bosses of old and some new foes, but Zelda needs to improve its combat for this to mean anything significant, particularly in the armored enemy department.

Oh, and Like Likes. Give them back, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom