• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Endless Ocarina of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crow_Krieger

Ok hears my (Simplistic graphic of what I think is going on...

Timelinetheroy.png

Well thats what I think is going on anyways...

Kybyrian

So true, Twilight Princess is way off from both Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, even though Ocarina of Time connects to Majora's Mask.

What do you mean "Twilight Princess is way off from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask?" Sure, it happens hundreds, maybe even thousands of years later, so in that sense it is "way off," but if you mean it does not fall after them in the timeline, I think that is just false. Almost every timeline I've seen places TP after OoT and MM, and with good reason. There are loads of in game hints that this is the case, and Aonuma and Miyamoto have made statements to the effect that OoT causes a timeline split which leads to WW on one side and TP on the other.

O

Oni Nick

Yeah, I've also always thought that TP was supposed to happen after OoT/MM, mainly because of Ganondorf's execution being the game's back-story. But also because the Unifying War and the Dark Interlopers are mentioned in the game.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
putting aside TP
your scetch thingy is correct if you believe there is a split timeline.
there was a whole discussion going on in the "Split Timeline" topic.

but personally i don 't believe in the split timeline.
why? well here is a couple of reasons:
when he pulls the sword and is send to a different timeline
if you pay attenetion to the game, then there is no "different timeline"
if there was then there should be a second link in the future.
he didn 't travel to the future, his spirit was locked up for 7 years just because he wasn 't mature enough to be the hero of time.
so in other words, he still is in his own timeline. so he is going upstearm and downstream within in his own timeline. he doesn 't take one hop of 7 years to a different timeline.

putting aside TP
your scetch thingy is correct if you believe there is a split timeline.
there was a whole discussion going on in the "Split Timeline" topic.

but personally i don 't believe in the split timeline.
why? well here is a couple of reasons:

if you pay attenetion to the game, then there is no "different timeline"
if there was then there should be a second link in the future.
he didn 't travel to the future, his spirit was locked up for 7 years just because he wasn 't mature enough to be the hero of time.
so in other words, he still is in his own timeline. so he is going upstearm and downstream within in his own timeline. he doesn 't take one hop of 7 years to a different timeline.

However, that would mean that he is erasing what he has done in the future by traveling back. Only if he went straight back to his original time would the events continue as he left them in the future.

But I can agree with you on the split timeline being a bit "iffy"...

Its easier to create a timeline theory if you include the split-timeline, but if you think in terms of common sense, Link traveling back would only erase what he done in the future...

Its all a buncha confusion for me, and I have given up for now with the timeline deal...

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
However, that would mean that he is erasing what he has done in the future by traveling back. Only if he went straight back to his original time would the events continue as he left them in the future.

But I can agree with you on the split timeline being a bit "iffy"...

Its easier to create a timeline theory if you include the split-timeline, but if you think in terms of common sense, Link traveling back would only erase what he done in the future...

Its all a buncha confusion for me, and I have given up for now with the timeline deal...

now why would it be erased? like i said he is still in his own timeline. he killed ganondorf in his own timeline. now if he traveled to a other timeline and he defeated ganondorf, that would mean that ganondorf in his own timeline is still alive.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
good point darklink, if you go back in time in OoT then generally everything you did in the future never happend, still thre is the spirit temple which absoulutly requires kid link to go first, then there would be an issue for adult link to sort out.

Okay, Twilight Princess is no where near Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

When speaking in a sense of timelines, [real or game ones], a few hundred or even thousand years could be directly consequent to Ocarina or Majora's Mask. Also, I would assume that there are no other games in that segment of time that would interfer with its placement.

Furthermore, I would also assume that the action of Zelda sending Link back to his childhood would indeed cause there to be two timelines, regardless of the "split-timeline theory".
Sending Link back to another time would create another segment of time, that would continue on perpetually, whilst the time from whence he left would also continue on, but without him. This woud create the "Child" and "Adult" timelines.

In the child, he would go through the advents of Majora's Mask.
From here I would suppose that in the Adult events like Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass would occur, and in the Child, events like Twilight Princess and so on.
However, this is just speculation based on the idea that two timelines were created by the events of Ocarina of Time.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
umm just so everyone knows, there is a split timeline no matter how much you dont want to believe it. the creators themselves have said there is a split timeline so i dont understand why anyone is trying to prove that there isnt one.

it was said that kid link HAD to go to the spirit temple before adult link and that would cause a problem when traveling through time to finish the temple. why would that cause a problem? if kid link starts and adult link finishes that would be a normal order of doing things.

also, just because link gets sent back in time by zelda at the end of the game does not mean that the world the adult zelda in just stops existing. she send Link back but shes still there which means she is in a time completely seperate from Link. the time period she is in is a set future that continues to exist and when Link is sent back he starts to create a completely different future, hence two different timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom