• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Ending?

look so Little backstory these games have been my life for about 8 years now and this is a little stupid but i have been having a problem getting over the but do you even remember me at the end of the game.

Seriously they could've done anything else after hours of playing in one world.
Thanks for listening i only posted here so my real friends don't have to hear about it

The memories are a core concept of the game. What else did you want at the end of the game?

At least the game acknowledges that you collected all of the memories and gives you an extended ending for your effort.

You got DLC too, which expands in the past even more with the Champions.

The only thing odd about the ending is Zelda's awkward smile that looks bloody awful.

Other than that there are way more Zelda's with way worse endings.

The ending in BotW was just ok. I felt Gannon was very underpowered. I just finished the game for the first time and i felt he was way too easy. I shot him with a few bomb arrows to get him off the wall and while he was stunned i smacked him with the hero sword and then just repeated till next phase. IT was so easy to take Gannon down. I had a way harder time taking down all devine beasts than the main boss gannon.
I just wish there were more mechanics involved like how the older games use to have. This just seemed way too easy.

i had a lot of fun playing it though. I miss the dungeons, but overall it was a lot of fun. The bosses were way too easy though. More puzzles please.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I just didn’t like the story in BotW at all, and while I feel that way throughout the entire game, I do agree that the ending is especially awful. It was incredibly anticlimactic (you don’t even get the final blow on ganon, Zelda does), and the cutscene leaves no impression at all. If you put the post credits scene in with the memories nobody would’ve been able to tell the difference, it’s that bad. This is easily the worst ending (and for that matter, story overall) in any Zelda game. Period,

Grigaming335

Korok Finder
Yeah the ending is lacking from other games. You fight a giant robot spider of whom you can easily dispose of with a x5 lynel bow, ancient arrows and stasis+. And the second form is just a mindless pig that can’t even kill you unless you let it. Then Zelda kills him and says “ Do you remember me?” Then the credits roll. Even with all memories Zelda just has the most disgusting smile I’ve ever seen. Worst Zelda ending ever.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
It isn't the worst Zelda ending, but it certainly is far from the best (SS's and WW's are my personal favorite endings). BotW's sequence of the final bosses through the ending was painfully anticlimactic. Calamity Ganon is a pushover and DBG is walking target practice. And I totally did not have my horse get glitched into DBG's feet and die. That never happened.

For the size of the game and epic feeling it was made to have, the ending felt unsatisfying. We don't get to see the efforts to rebuild Hyrule beginning. We don't get to see what happens to the other main characters. If you continue playing, nothing changes and Calamity Ganon keeps swirling around the castle. It left a lot to be desired.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I didn't mind the fight against Ganon. I didn't particularly care for the mechanized spider Ganon, but I thought it was a fun battle, especially in Hero Mode where I felt like I had to do more work to keep Ganon from regaining health. And yeah, the giant pig fight was incredibly easy, but that section of the fight seemed to only be included for cinematic purposes, which I'm okay with. Flying up in the air and shooting his eye was dope. I was disappointed with how easy it was to reach the sanctum using the waterfalls. I had no clue there was even an interior because I immediately just rode the waterfalls the entire way up with no challenge.

As for the story, I was disappointed. Though I think that's true of the entire games story, the threat of Calamity Ganon felt so disconnected from the rest of the world. I was hoping for some cutscene in the finale, or a during credits scene (a la Twilight Princess). But nope, you just defeat Ganon and then...its over. Of course, theres the "true ending" which you unlock after getting every memory. But honestly, that ending is just as underwhelming as "Do you remember me?"

It's clear that that true ending was set up for the sequel, which feels just a little bit disappointing. Hopefully BotW2 has a bit more of a satisfying ending.

What happens to everything that link collected throughout the game? Is it saved or do you start a new game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom