• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ending of TP?

What do you guys make of the cut scene to Zant, with him twisting his head just before Gaonodorf dies?

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I'd say it's something to do with imagination.

Perhaps on the lines of payback in a sense. He 'corrupted' Zant which led to his death and thus it would make sense to tie it all back with an illusion of Zant being Ganondorf's 'death'.

I think he was imagining himself pulling the plug like that. Although, it might mean more.

Zant was supposedly killed by the fused shield though, and Zant stated he would be brought back alive by his master. I believe it means a lot more, it could possibly be implied that Zant somehow became more powerful than Ganondorf, a classic case of the master becoming better than the teacher. This is speculation obviously haha

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Zant's only lifeline was Ganondorf, so when Link killed Ganondorf, Zant also died, as well.

I agree with this. Ganondorf was Zant's master and the source of his power. Without him, he had no reason to continue living.

Zant's only lifeline was Ganondorf, so when Link killed Ganondorf, Zant also died, as well.

Possibly, but Ganondorf gave him part of his power.

I agree with this. Ganondorf was Zant's master and the source of his power. Without him, he had no reason to continue living.

Not necessarily. Why would they show Zant cracking/breaking his neck BEFORE Ganondorf dies? He still does have reason to live, to try to take Hyrule again, but this time as his own boss, so to speak. I'm just speculating lol.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
The commonly accepted theory at ZU (at least it was when I last visited there) is that Ganondorf was trying to pass on the Triforce of Power to Zant so he could resurrect Ganondorf, however Zant knew by now that Ganondorf had been using him and refused.

So basically what link9 said sums it up.

Over all I think it was just symbalism for zant becoming the master or "god" that was to him, gannondorf. Probably just soming that Gannondorf thought of right before he died rather than zant actually having any affect but who knows :p its pretty vague.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
To me, I think Zant knew that he was fooled by Ganondorf. Ganondorf just used Zant to get back to Hyrule, since he was sentenced to permanent residence in the Twilight Realm. Zant in return turned his head to the side to break Ganondorf's neck to kill him. Remember, the two were linked together since Ganondorf probably had to join his souls with Zants to be able to leave the Twilight Realm.

Beeker

Wild Card
At first I didn't know what it meant, but now I think I'm starting to understand it a little more.
I think it symbolized Ganondorf's fall and Zant breaking away from his clutches.Ganondorf and Zant are connected by their power. When Zant was destroyed by Midna, he claimed as long as Ganon was alive, he could come back. They shared their power, though Ganon controlled him(pretty much.)

When Ganondorf was stabbed, it showed Zant cracking his neck. I think this is also a symbolism that Zant's power, as well as Ganondorf's is gone and that Ganondorf's life itself is gone.

I actually liked how they did this. Ganondorf gets stabbed first of all, and then you get this sort of illusion showing Zant crack his neck. It's very creepy...

Con-man

Master Swordsman
It told you before that Zant could only live if Ganondorf was alive, Ganon dies, Zant Dies. Maybe Zant wasn't cracking his own neck, maybe it just broke. I mean, who can break they're own neck by just barely twitching?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I just beat Ganondorf yesterday as a matter of fact. I kinda thought that Zant realized in the end that Ganondorf WOULDN'T resurrect him, so Zant killed Ganondorf (and himself) through that realization. That's my thoughts on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom