• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ending of Ocarina of Time

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Oni, my lush euro zelda pal xD, midna666 is a guy... yes, the username is misleading, but it's a guy...
also, i believe more in the split timeline, but both the split and the linear seem pretty possible to me... i guess that we should wait and see what Shiggy and Aonouma say about it in the future

there is no need to wait and see what the creators say. they have already said that there ISISISISISISISISISIS a split timeline. ive stated this at least three times now on this discussion so i dont get why people are still "waiting" to see what they say when they have already said it. and as for your last post, onilink, this is not getting off topic at all. this forum is for discussing the ending of OoT and whether or not there is a split and all of my posts have to do with that topic.

i understand that you have your own thoughts, but like i said, the creators have confirmed split timeline after OoT. they have stated that WW takes place 100 years or so after OoT on the side where adult Link was sent back (adult timeline). they have stated that TP takes place 100 years or so after Link's childhood (child timeline).

if that is not enough FACT for you to believe in a split timeline then it is hopeless to discuss this any further with you.

i understand you have your thoughts and that is fantastic, but i would bet a million dollars that the creator of LoZ knows what hes talking about more than a fan of LoZ. im sure they have analyzed it all a lot more than any fan.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
You don't have a million dolars so don't make bets you can't pay for xD...
Also, everyone is free to think whatever they want...
Or are you IUniverse under disguise?Grrrrrrr

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
*temporarily closed*

because this is going nowhere.
Zemen125, i get the impression that you don 't read my posts at all. because i still keep repeating myself.

EDIT:
Topic opened!
This time do not go off topic, and please read other people 's posts before you reply!
if i see off topic posts or you just keep repeating what you said before, then i will simply delete that posts.

Its actually pretty simple.

OoT > TP > ALttP > LoZ/AoL - all the same Hyrule, put 2 and 2 together.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well, I know that there are split timelines but I don't think Nintendo had planned on doing this. They were probably just making Zelda games with no regard to the Timeline that was involved. If they were paying attention to the timeline, don't you think they would have made the games in the order of the timeline?

Well, I know that there are split timelines but I don't think Nintendo had planned on doing this. They were probably just making Zelda games with no regard to the Timeline that was involved. If they were paying attention to the timeline, don't you think they would have made the games in the order of the timeline?

No. Because timelines have endings. If you go from the start to the beginning, that means that they have a limited number of games to make. And I'm sure that they don't want to have to put an end of Zelda, and I'm sure no one else would want that either. By doing this, the can go all over the place and extend the series longer.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
When I first finished Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, I had the impression that Link was going to stay out of Hyrule for the next seven years so that his other self will do his duty. But that clearly is not the case anymore.

One thing I do consider to be possible though, it could be that Link doesn't warn about Ganondorf until after he gets back from Termina. I'm not sure what timeline implications that would have though.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
When I first finished Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, I had the impression that Link was going to stay out of Hyrule for the next seven years so that his other self will do his duty. But that clearly is not the case anymore.

One thing I do consider to be possible though, it could be that Link doesn't warn about Ganondorf until after he gets back from Termina. I'm not sure what timeline implications that would have though.

im pretty sure that Link would warn the king about ganondorfs plans as soon as he returned to the past. also, at the end of the game, after the credits, you see link walking up to Zelda in the royal garden just like he did earlier on in the game. this implies that he is about to tell Zelda about his adventure, and then you assume Zelda warns her father.

why would Link wait to tell people about a great evil who is about to try and take over Hyrule? that makes absolutely no sense.

im pretty sure that Link would warn the king about ganondorfs plans as soon as he returned to the past. also, at the end of the game, after the credits, you see link walking up to Zelda in the royal garden just like he did earlier on in the game. this implies that he is about to tell Zelda about his adventure, and then you assume Zelda warns her father.

why would Link wait to tell people about a great evil who is about to try and take over Hyrule? that makes absolutely no sense.

But what if then, she warned her father after link warned her, but he didn't believe her, so she was told by link waht to tell to the link originally from this time, the one who had just left kokiri forest? she would have told that link what link who had completed ocarina of time what to do, and ocarina of time would begin again. time loop.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
But what if then, she warned her father after link warned her, but he didn't believe her, so she was told by link waht to tell to the link originally from this time, the one who had just left kokiri forest? she would have told that link what link who had completed ocarina of time what to do, and ocarina of time would begin again. time loop.

it wouldnt begin again if link already went through the entire adventure and knew what was gonna happen. if you know that youre gonna get hurt if you jump off a cliff, are you still gonna jump just because someone else wants to make sure that is the definite outcome?

obviously, the king believed zelda or link or whoever told him what happened, because the back story to TP fits so perfectly with the child ending of OoT.

Chris

It has been awhile...
No. Because timelines have endings. If you go from the start to the beginning, that means that they have a limited number of games to make. And I'm sure that they don't want to have to put an end of Zelda, and I'm sure no one else would want that either. By doing this, the can go all over the place and extend the series longer.

That actually makes quite a bit of sense. I never thought that they would do that as a way of preserving the Legend of Zelda. Good thought!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That actually makes quite a bit of sense. I never thought that they would do that as a way of preserving the Legend of Zelda. Good thought!

they didnt do that as a way of preserving Zelda. the whole timeline thing is basically an accident. they didnt have a timeline in mind at all until OoT was created. by then, there were already a few games in the series made with no timeline in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom