• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild End Game Lynel Question

I didn't fight any Lynels until near the very, very, very end of the game. It now appears that absolutely every Lynel in the game is a White Lynel and thus carries Savage equipment.

The only exceptions I've found are in Hyrule Castle, where I believe at least one of the two Lynels is a Blue, and on Ploymus Mountain, where the Lynel apparently stays as a Regular Lynel for the entire game.

So...my actual question is...did I permanently miss the opportunity to collect Mighty Lynel equipment, as well as the Lynel Crusher and Lynel Spear (the one on Ploymus Mountain always seems to have a Lynel Sword, Shield, and Bow)? There are no mid-range Lynels left (the ones in Hyrule Castle don't drop equipment), and unlike almost every other piece of equipment in the game, there's no respawning spot to pick this stuff up at...

The lynels, like the other monsters, rank up based on how many monsters you've killed throughout your adventure. There's some hidden counter that keeps track, though I don't think anyone has determined the actual numbers. All my lynels were blue after I beat Ganon, and shortly became white after that. The only lynel that levels separate from all the others is the one at the coliseum ruins. The entire coliseum levels up based on how many Divine Beasts you've done, and the lynel along with it.

You would have missed your chance for the equipment, yes. If you wish to complete the compendium, you'll have to buy those pictures from Symin.

Sorry about the double-post, but a youtuber just found a way to circumvent the lynels in Hyrule Castle not dropping their weapons. If you save and reload while in the gatehouse, after it closes, and then kill the lynel upon reloading, they will drop like a normal lynel. This'll at least get you a mighty lynel sword, bow, and shield, but you'll still be SOL as far as the mighty spear and crusher go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom