• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Emulators

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Hey guys, let's talk about emus. Really this can just be a general discussion thread but for now let's talk about the morality of it. Since i myself have no money and my parents don't like us having a bunch of video games, plus the fact that i had to leave all of my video games in storage in america when i moved to the uk, almost all of my gaming is done on emulators. I know technically it's not legal unless you already own the game, but at this point it's my only access to gaming. Even though i do it all the time, i do kinda think it's wrong. But for the most part i don't have a huge problem with it. Before you freak out on me here's my reasoning: I can only play older games on my crap computer, the best i can run being PS1. Since these games are no longer in production, the game creators no longer get a profit from people buying these games. So it's not like illegally downloading music or current games because when you download something current for free it makes the owner/creator loose money since normally you would be paying for it. With these old games it is not the case. Yeah so all my gaming is on emulation right now.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I find emulators to be a-okay because I am a disgusting filthy piece of garbage scumbag. Emulators are cool.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Dude emulators are awesome. There are thousands of them out there but if you want a PS1 emulator i believe you need a BIOS for one of those T.T and those are irritating to deal with. Yeah big whoop the big game companies don't get doodly squat. But to be frank you aren't hurting them in any way just getting some entertainment value :P I love replaying the first 3 spyro games on PS1 Over and over and over.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Hey guys, let's not talk about emus, because we're not allowed to.

Provided nobody links to any website specifically for sharing emulators or ROMs/ISOs, all should be good. However, this isn't meant as a challenge to be pushed to the limits; everyone needs to use common sense or this thread will be locked.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Yeah, this is against the rules lol ;) I use it with games I already have but I don't discuss it on the forums.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I just play the ancient games from my childhood :p i now consider the 90's era of games as ancient T.T god i am either old or insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom