• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Empires, which one is the best?

Which Empire?

• Mongol Empire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Umayyad Caliphate

• British Empire

• Portuguese Empire

• Roman Empire

• Macedonian Empire (Alexander the Great)

• Total voters

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Romans were pretty damn cool to be honest. Just the way they went about things, their visions and creative minds. I really do find Roman culture quite intriguing, plus I'm ¼ Italian so I'm kind of biased there.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
You don't have Egyptian :mad:

So I go with British. In terms of size they were by far the largest and most successful, and didn't give it up until they agreed to do so.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
All empires had their time, but I know little about the past, except for the Roman empire, so I am gonna have to go with that.

Ganondork

goo
Well you didn't include my favorite empire - the Ottomans - so I settled for the Mongols. The Mongols have always intrigued me due to their contagious diffusion over the span of three generations. From the time of the unification of the various Turkic and Mongol tribes to the grandchildren of Genghis Khan, the Mongols made the largest empire in human history. Check out this map.

Mongol_Empire_map.gif

The color changes are a result in a rift in the empire caused by the division of the empire. See, the Mongols weren't sure which of Genghis Khan's grandchildren to follow, so they divided it up. I unfortunately don't have the key, but you understand the sheer size of the empire. Rome nor Britain ever accomplished this, let alone as quickly. I will provide the comparison maps in spoiler tags.

RomanEmpirevsMongolEmpiremap.png

british_empire_vs_mongol_empir_by_fhgfhgfd-d3ivtz3.png

While the size of Britain and the Mongol Empires may seem close, you have to understand the distorted size of the land masses to created the accurate shapes and ocean/pole sizes.

You can also thank the Mongols for rice in China.

Mongols overall were an awesome empire. They weren't intellectuals, but damn did they know how to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom